Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Shootings, Gun Violence & Gun Control Discussion

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat Shootings, Gun Violence & Gun Control Discussion

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 2,647 total)
  • Author
    Manatee
    Manatee
    Participant

Here’s a link to what Mr. Rogers said about helping children cope with tragedy:

http://fci.org/new-site/par-tragic-events.html

I know I will be very happy when I get to see my little one tonight. I can’t imagine how the parents and the community must feel. There’s no way to understand it.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Shooter is Ryan Lanza. Dead body found in his home.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

http://www.facebook.com/rlanza?fref=ts

That’s him. Dad was found dead in Jersey, mom in Newtown, she’s apparently an employee of the school.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

The Ryan Lanza Facebook page being floated around right now is the wrong guy with same name.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Page is dead now, 24 year old kid, normal looking, liked playing Mass Effect 3 and had a self made video of car jumping in Saints Row 3 on his page.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Mister Shifter said:
    The Ryan Lanza Facebook page being floated around right now is the wrong guy with same name.

The one they just took down was a 24 year old born in Newtown, lived in Hoboken, that’d be a pretty big coincidence.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

That link you posted is the wrong Ryan Lanza. He’s been posting that it’s not him, he just has the same name.

Edit – Nothing official obviously. I’m just going by this photo that is now floating around. Who knows if it’s fake.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Hoboken, New Jersey
    Current City
    Newtown, Connecticut
    Hometown
    Basic Info
    Sex Male
    Contact Info
    Networks
    Quinnipiac

geoyui
    Participant

Ryan Lanza, the shooter, was confirmed dead at the scene. So the Ryan Lanza mentioned above is just an unfortunate coincidence.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

or a fake twitter picture/hoax that’s going viral. Annoying and stupid if so.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

geoyui said:
    Ryan Lanza, the shooter, was confirmed dead at the scene. So the Ryan Lanza mentioned above is just an unfortunate coincidence.

I believe it will prove out that tweeted screencap is a fake. That’s the dude.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Looking so. Sorry.

pez
    Participant

Sad. Having kids this age, I can’t imagine the fear and ultimate sadness felt by these parents and the entire community.

Probably not the right place to post this, but being stuck at work with no streaming, I was very disappointed to turn on our local ‘news radio’ station only to hear Rush Limbaugh blathering. Probably the biggest news story of the year and they can’t even cut away to a network feed?

rus
    rus
    Participant

reports now that Lanza killed his mother at the scene and his father at home.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

rus said:
    reports now that the shooter killed his mother at the scene and his father at home.

Dang. Freaking dark and unreal.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 2,647 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Ring in the decade in style! Join us for an all-inclusive NYE celebration!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFO