Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Sally Kurgis Police Chase Video

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat Sally Kurgis Police Chase Video

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 266 total)
  • Author
    somebuckeye
    somebuckeye
    Participant

My brother in law met her at a party a few years ago, and based on what he told me, I have to assume that everything I’ve read on here is true.

Schoolboy
    Participant

Walker said:
    MIA Hookah Bar:

MIA Hookah Bar coming soon to old Bristol/Bar L'Estrange Spot

Oh. That’s kind of a shame actually. :(

Had some good times in there.

Fsonicsmith
    Participant

Snarf said:
    Cops used to bust her house parties all the time but they basically had impunity because the Bexley PD were afraid to mess with Kevin. He would just argue with them till they left.

Bexley PD has basically been waiting for this.

Uhh, the word is “immunity”;”impunity” means the opposite. $10 says you will respond with some attack and then say you simply hit the wrong key. Did you graduate from Bexley? Just wondering?
    Like KK, I am a litigation lawyer on the opposite side-I do civil defense. For the rest of you immature, naive, and self-rightous ass-clowns here (not all of you-just half), KK is NOT an ambulance chaser. 30 years ago the US Supreme Court held that the American Bar Association and State Supreme Courts (it is the State Supreme Courts that issue Rules of Ethics for each State) could not prohibit lawyers from advertising. KK advertises. Heavily. As does Elk and Elk (or Elk, Elk, and Elk if you include the bad toupee), Scott Schiff, etc. Ambulance chasing entails handing out cards at crash scenes and hospitals.
    If you want to ridicule the man for his over the top advertising, that is fine. Here is a little-known tidbit. Kevin has never set foot in a courtroom for the purposes of trial. We have 17 Common Pleas judges and not one of them has ever seen Kurgis try a bodily injury case before a jury. He does not try the cases. He has (mainly) two employee lawyers who try his cases, whom I consider friends despite being on the opposite side. Kevin negotiates cases from his office with insurance adjustors. He also does collection work, mainly for the State Student Loan Program. He is a very good lawyer.
    My advice (pun) is have your fun with the daughter if you must, but don’t bring her dad into it. Any parent (knock on wood I am not one of them) can have a troubled child.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

FSonicSmith said:
    Uhh, the word is “immunity”;”impunity” means the opposite. $10 says you will respond with some attack and then say you simply hit the wrong key. Did you graduate from Bexley? Just wondering?

Chill out, dude. Enough with all of the angriness/aggressiveness lately.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

So anyways…

You can often find Kevin drunk at The Top with his creepy Russian pimp friend Alex who ran for Bexley Mayor. He’s separated from his wife but not divorced for business reasons. He mostly buys hookers with Alex and has been known to share pictures of said prostitutes with random friends of his daughter he keeps in his home office.

You can’t make this shit up.

Then there’s the coke.

bayrea
    Participant

FSonicSmith said:
    Like KK, I am a litigation lawyer on the opposite side-I do civil defense. For the rest of you immature, naive, and self-rightous ass-clowns here (not all of you-just half), KK is NOT an ambulance chaser. 30 years ago the US Supreme Court held that the American Bar Association and State Supreme Courts (it is the State Supreme Courts that issue Rules of Ethics for each State) could not prohibit lawyers from advertising. KK advertises. Heavily. As does Elk and Elk (or Elk, Elk, and Elk if you include the bad toupee), Scott Schiff, etc. Ambulance chasing entails handing out cards at crash scenes and hospitals.
    If you want to ridicule the man for his over the top advertising, that is fine. Here is a little-known tidbit. Kevin has never set foot in a courtroom for the purposes of trial. We have 17 Common Pleas judges and not one of them has ever seen Kurgis try a bodily injury case before a jury. He does not try the cases. He has (mainly) two employee lawyers who try his cases, whom I consider friends despite being on the opposite side. Kevin negotiates cases from his office with insurance adjustors. He also does collection work, mainly for the State Student Loan Program. He is a very good lawyer.
    My advice (pun) is have your fun with the daughter if you must, but don’t bring her dad into it. Any parent (knock on wood I am not one of them) can have a troubled child.

and this thread just got turned up to 11!

spfld_expat
    spfld_expat
    Participant

Walker said:
    Chill out, dude. Enough with all of the angriness/aggressiveness lately.

Let’s look at some of the things this woman has been called in this thread:

dumpster fire
    drug induced maniac
    fucking maniac
    A walking pharmacy
    privileged pill junkie

But FSonic is too angry and aggressive for a mild slam on a local high school?

Way too much schadenfreude up in here.

roy
    Participant

FSonicSmith said: Kevin has never set foot in a courtroom for the purposes of trial. We have 17 Common Pleas judges and not one of them has ever seen Kurgis try a bodily injury case before a jury. He does not try the cases…He is a very good lawyer.

I’m confused. Kurgis evidently can’t try a case but ‘he’s a very good lawyer’? He may be a ‘very good consumer credit collections worker’ and a ‘very good insurance settlement negotiator’ but a ‘very good lawyer’ can try a case.

Les Schtroumpfs
    Participant

FSonicSmith said:

Impunity is the ability to act without negative consequences. The word differs from the broader immunity, which refers to (1) the ability to resist a disease, (2) exemption from obligation imposed by others, (3) legally granted freedom from prosecution, and (4) unresponsiveness to influence.

Impunity is a type of immunity, and the two words come especially close together where immunity refers to freedom from prosecution, but immunity in this sense is generally a legal term and doesn’t appear often in other contexts. Where someone is able to act with minimal risk of negative consequences, legal or otherwise, impunity is the better word.

Since it seems her parents may have let her do this without consequences and he’s saying so did the Bexley police, maybe impunity is an ok word. Either way it’s a weird thing to call out given all the other way more inflammatory things that have been said.

gramarye
    Participant

Snarf said:
    He mostly buys hookers with Alex and has been known to share pictures of said prostitutes with random friends of his daughter he keeps in his home office.

I don’t want to derail the awesomeness of this thread with minute-level grammar-nazi wit, but … what exactly does he keep in his home office?! :-P

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

gramarye said:
    I don’t want to derail the awesomeness of this thread with minute-level grammar-nazi wit, but … what exactly does he keep in his home office?! :-P

Pictures of hookers with immpuniminipity.

gramarye
    Participant

roy said:
    I’m confused. Kurgis evidently can’t try a case but ‘he’s a very good lawyer’? He may be a ‘very good consumer credit collections worker’ and a ‘very good insurance settlement negotiator’ but a ‘very good lawyer’ can try a case.

Hah! There are some truly brilliant lawyers out there who will go their entire careers without trying a case. That said, a lawyer who actually threatens people with lawsuits should be able to try a case. The ones I’m thinking of are people in fields like mergers & acquisitions and securities work that will only at most deal with financial regulators.

Jman4ever
    Participant

I see Kevin Kurgis and I think.
    There’s Columbus version of Saul Goodman.

roy
    Participant

Graybeak said:
    For added fun and flavor, I see her Facebook is still public.

It sure is! And with an added micro-local angle: formerly active CU poster and foam-pit enthusiast enzo is BFFs with Ms. Kurgis and appears on her FB.

Columbus: The land of 1.2 degrees of separation.

bayrea
    Participant

“foam-pit enthusiast” FTW

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 266 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.