Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Sex 365 Days Per Year

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat Sex 365 Days Per Year

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

enzo
    Participant

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/08/fashion/08nights.html?em&ex=1213243200&en=d0ee9652453428ea&ei=5087

LET’S say you and your spouse haven’t had sex in so long that you can’t remember the last time you did. Not the day. Not the month. Maybe not even the season. Would you look for gratification elsewhere? Would you file for divorce? Or would you turn to your mate and say, “Honey, you know, I’ve been thinking. Why don’t we do it for the next 365 days in a row?”

Good Article

dredd

enzo wrote http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/08/fashion/08nights.html?em&ex=1213243200&en=d0ee9652453428ea&ei=5087

LET’S say you and your spouse haven’t had sex in so long that you can’t remember the last time you did. Not the day. Not the month. Maybe not even the season. Would you look for gratification elsewhere? Would you file for divorce? Or would you turn to your mate and say, “Honey, you know, I’ve been thinking. Why don’t we do it for the next 365 days in a row?”

Good Article

If you want it 365 days in a row, and you can’t remember the last time you did it, that generally means you should leave the relationship. It’s very hard to change sexual perferences from my experience and compromise generally won’t work either.

enzo
    Participant

You have to read the article…..they are trying to figure out are couples who have frequent sex happier or are they happier and have sex more frequently.????? When you are with the right person, I think you want to do it as much as possible.

dredd

enzo wrote You have to read the article…..they are trying to figure out are couples who have frequent sex happier or are they happier and have sex more frequently.????? When you are with the right person, I think you want to do it as much as possible.

But they aren’t taking so many other things into consideration. Sexual disposition, self confidence, insecurities. And their stupid experiment didn’t even work. They only have sex six times a month. Are you kdding me? I think the right person has the same sexual disposition as you. It’s just one of many things that makes you happy. Some people could be perfectly content with sex 6 times a month, year, decade. Sex isn’t something you do, it’s part of who you are.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

enzo wrote as much as possible.

Huh? Like in a Burger King bathroom?

Walker wrote Like in a Burger King bathroom?

:lol: That’s great!

dredd

Walker wrote

They had sex in a very uncomfortable place. What, like the back seat of a volkswagon?

shmack

Shoshana Bulow, a psychotherapist and certified sex therapist in Manhattan, pointed out that sex is a lot more complicated than frequency. “There’s all sorts of reasons people lose interest in sex with their partner — disappointments, life cycles, financial issues,” she said. “Just having it isn’t going to resolve those.”

Nonetheless, sex every day seems to have worked for the Mullers and Browns. Charla Muller and Annie Brown both talk about how mandated physical intimacy created more emotional intimacy. “It required a daily kindness and forgiveness, and not being cranky or snarky, that I don’t think either of us had experienced before,” Charla said.

i think the issue here is a common goal. the fact that SEX is the common goal obscures the cooperation and commitment that is required in successful relationships. it’s not a matter of being with “the one” or being “happier” or even how often. this could have been an article on couple making a commitment to never be more than 15 feet away from each other and it’d still have the same didactic effect: kindness and forgiveness.

JonMyers
    Participant

I think it’s a great article. Frequency is important. A healthy relationship with solid two-way communication that keeps those channels open is also really important. I think if a relationship has hit a point of sexual atrophy it’s usually time for serious assessment or moving on.

KSquared

dredd wrote

Walker wrote

They had sex in a very uncomfortable place. What, like the back seat of a volkswagon?

:lol: :lol:

God I love that line.

enzo
    Participant

I am not downplaying the importance of the other aspects of a healthy relationship, because you cannot survive on just good sex…it is like eating too much without exercising makes you overweight…balance is key. I just think it is cool these couples did this and wrote about it….fun.

Seriously, if someone is mean to you and disrespectful, you sure don’t want to take your clothes off for them on a regular basis.

Ndcent

Thanks, Enzo.

michaelcoyote
    Participant

enzo wrote Seriously, if someone is mean to you and disrespectful, you sure don’t want to take your clothes off for them on a regular basis.

Oh I don’t know.. I think it that was always true, you wouldn’t have fine shopping establishments like this one

enzo
    Participant

This is talking about married couples……I can’t see the link at work…but if it has to do with S&M…..the code of ethics requires consent, therefore it is not considered mean–it is considered part of the fun.

lifeliberty
    Participant

enzo wrote

Seriously, if someone is mean to you and disrespectful, you sure don’t want to take your clothes off for them on a regular basis.

actually I know quite a lot of insecure women that would disagree with you.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.