Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Sewer Tunnel Train

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Sewer Tunnel Train

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    Chris Sunami
    Chris Sunami
    Participant

I can’t be the only one who saw this story and daydreamed about Columbus keeping the machine and building a subway system….

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2013/03/21/a-symphony-underground.html

sewer-tunnel-update-art-g4km5tm9-1sewer-tunnel-update17-jpg.jpg

GCrites80s
    Participant

Hopefully the Ninja Turtles move in.

Rockmastermike
    Participant

unfortunately, they have to go 150 feet down to find rock solid enough to use that machine.

Can you imagine the wait for the elevator after you get off that train? yikes

Pablo
    Participant

Rockmastermike said:
    unfortunately, they have to go 150 feet down to find rock solid enough to use that machine.

Can you imagine the wait for the elevator after you get off that train? yikes

Moscow has pretty deep subway stations:

Rockmastermike
    Participant

Pablo said:
    Moscow has pretty deep subway stations:

yes the deepest section is almost 300 ft deep! It’s pretty amazing.

It’s remarkable what can be accomplished with the will to provide funding.

This (badly needed!) sewer line project is running more than $300 million.

GCrites80s
    Participant

Some of those DC Metro stations are way down there. And the escalators break. That’s why there’s no fat people there.

Rockmastermike
    Participant

GCrites80s said:
    Some of those DC Metro stations are way down there. And the escalators break. That’s why there’s no fat people there.

except in Congress

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

I can’t help thinking of Eric von Daniken’s Gold of the Gods with the tunnels.

To me this is the most incredible, fantastic story of the century. It could easily have come straight from the realms of Science Fiction if I had not seen and photographed the incredible truth in person. What I saw was not the product of dreams or imagination, it was real and tangible.

A gigantic system of tunnels, thousands of miles in length and built by unknown constructors at some unknown date, lies hidden deep below the South American continent. Hundreds of miles of underground passages have already been explored and measured in Ecuador and Pent [sic]. That is only a beginning, yet the world knows nothing about it.

Pablo
    Participant

GCrites80s said:

The Dupont Circle station is pretty deep.

GCrites80s
    Participant

Rockmastermike said:
    except in Congress

I was going to say that… but you actually did.

Twixlen
    Participant

Pablo said:
    The Dupont Circle station is pretty deep.

I looked it up – Dupont is 188 feet deep, actually. I’ve been down those escalators/stairs. It’s an amazing feat. And it can be done!!

Rockmastermike
    Participant

GCrites80s said:
    I was going to say that… but you actually did.

oh yeah I went there

ehill27
    Participant
    Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant

Im afraid of heights! It scared me a little going down at Dupont Circle!

Steve
    Steve
    Participant

I’ve ridden those escalators in the Moscow metro system. It doesn’t take as long as you think. That’s one of the things I loved about the system–the stations were so deep.

I think the deepest station is in Ukraine or something.

Anyway, I as well thought of what else we could use that tunnel boring machine for. ;(

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: