Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Parkside on Pearl - Seven-Story Wood Cos Apartment Building in Italian Village

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Parkside on Pearl – Seven-Story Wood Cos Apartment Building in Italian Village

Viewing 9 posts - 241 through 249 (of 249 total)
  • Author
    King Gambrinus
    King Gambrinus
    Participant

Below is a link to the final pavilion design that was chosen to be added to the west end of Italian Village Park. If I remember correctly it’s to be funded by the Wood Companies as a condition of Parkside on Pearl’s approval.

http://www.theneighborhooddesigncenter.org/italian-village-pavilion.html

dalias
    dalias
    Participant

Below is a link to the final pavilion design that was chosen to be added to the west end of Italian Village Park. If I remember correctly it’s to be funded by the Wood Companies as a condition of Parkside on Pearl’s approval.

http://www.theneighborhooddesigncenter.org/italian-village-pavilion.html

Not arguing with the amount at all, but it should be noted that it is “partially funded.”

ohbr
    Participant

Interesting. I like both the runners up better, but it’s not my community so oh well.

I do wish the renderings included the park side building to get a better idea of the overall concept.

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

Interesting. I like both the runners up better, but it’s not my community so oh well.

Agreed.

lazyfish
    lazyfish
    Participant

Ran across a few renderings of the project which I hadn’t seen before here,

http://schiffcapital.com/projects/parkside-at-pearl/

is this the White Castle? lol

lazyfish
    lazyfish
    Participant

what happened to the gazebo? has it been replaced with the Tim Lai bus shelters?

jbcmh81
    Participant

It has a very unfinished look, like they meant to add walls but haven’t gotten past framing.

jbcmh81
    Participant

Also, I love architectural renderings with people, and these are unintentionally funny.

You have a guy playing an electric guitar with a cord clearly not plugged into anything. Perhaps that’s what the old man to his left is trying to tell him. Behind them both, you have what appears to be a child or baby in a time machine ready to phase into or out of our reality. In another you have what looks like a zombie women hunched over. Perhaps that is why the man to her left (her right) has grabbed his kids to GTFO.
    Oh, and why is everyone transparent?

Amusing myself on a lazy Sunday.

ohbr
    Participant

After looking at each plan in detail, I see why they chose this one, but it’s still not the best design for the pavilion itself.

Viewing 9 posts - 241 through 249 (of 249 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE