Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Parkside on Pearl - Seven-Story Wood Cos Apartment Building in Italian Village

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Parkside on Pearl – Seven-Story Wood Cos Apartment Building in Italian Village

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 249 total)
  • Author

mbeaumont
    Participant

For those that have been following this, the Italian Village Society last night voted 15-13 in favor of recommending that the easement be granted, however the IVS does not recommend using the easement zone as a staging area for construction.

The IVS has no official role in deciding whether or not the easement will be granted, but their recommendation along with that of Recs and Parks will be heard by City Council.

This was a hard decision made by the IVS, which should be apparent in the very close vote. Everyone involved should be commended for their passion for the park and the neighborhood and their civic engagement.

I’m sure many people, individually, will continue to speak out for and against the easement and the project in the coming months, but the official recommendation of the IVS, at this time, is to grant the easement.

Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant

Forgive me if these renderings have been uploaded already. If not I found these at http://www.schiffcapital.com.

heresthecasey
    Participant

Ran across a few renderings of the project which I hadn’t seen before here,
    http://schiffcapital.com/projects/parkside-at-pearl/

RellekOTE
    Participant

Stunning! IMO

News
    Participant

Update here: https://www.columbusunderground.com/mark-wood-on-the-past-present-and-future-of-the-short-north-bw1

We’ve got final approval of Parkside on Pearl, so those are both moving towards a ground-breaking – but there’s still a lot of work that has to happen before those can break ground. With Parkside on Pearl, we have to get some utility poles relocated, so we’re talking to the city about that… there’s a package of items that we’re talking to the city about now that impact our developments.

Pablo
    Participant

Pro Se
    Participant

Any updates on groundbreaking?

Pablo
    Participant

Last I heard was late 2015 or 2016 for Parkside on Pearl. Hubbard Park may start late summer 2015.

paul.szuter
    paul.szuter
    Participant

Does anyone have any information on this? Why is it taking so long – it was proposed in 2013…

ohbr
    Participant

Does anyone have any information on this? Why is it taking so long – it was proposed in 2013…

They’re waiting to use the crane from the LC Projects Downtown….

Nancy H
    Participant

I don’t know about Hubbard Park, but did discuss Parkside on Pearl with Mark Wood at the beginning of August. He said they are still waiting on the city and AEP to get some utility poles and lines relocated so they can get in there and start working.

Since it is unlikely they can get footers dug and concrete poured between now and freezing weather, I suspect we won’t see anything happen at PoP until spring.

paul.szuter
    paul.szuter
    Participant

Wow, I definitely wasn’t expecting to get such in-depth answers, haha. Thank you!

Eridony
    Eridony
    Participant

Yeah, one of the other Wood Companies project threads said this wasn’t happening until 2016. That’s a damn long wait from approval to construction. Better late than never at least.

King Gambrinus
    King Gambrinus
    Participant

They’re waiting to use the crane from the LC Projects Downtown….
    [/quote]

Haha perfect!

King Gambrinus
    King Gambrinus
    Participant

This is the final pavilion design that was chosen to be added to the west end of Italian Village Park. If I remember correctly it’s to be funded by the Wood Companies as a condition of Parkside on Pearl’s approval.

Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 249 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Ring in the decade in style! Join us for an all-inclusive NYE celebration!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFO