Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

LC RiverSouth - 8-Story & 10-Story Apartment Buildings at High & Rich

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development LC RiverSouth – 8-Story & 10-Story Apartment Buildings at High & Rich

Viewing 6 posts - 556 through 561 (of 561 total)
  • Author

Pro Se
    Participant

Seems to me they’ve run out of money or used what resources they have to acquire the additional land on Front Street. Money is usually the hold up. They seem to be quite committed to demolitions though.

My concern is that Desantis is a major player in this Nationwide Energry Partners utility. Not only is this a money maker for him but it’s part of the equation for the funds to build the utilities in these apartments as well as many others not owned by him. If that is successful challenged (it’s pending in the PUCO and Court of Common Pleas where class action certification will be requested), he may really be out of funds and this whole thing will go belly up. Dan Garino of the Dispatch has been writing on the case for awhile for those who have not been following.

drtom1234
    Participant

Seems to me they’ve run out of money or used what resources they have to acquire the additional land on Front Street. Money is usually the hold up. They seem to be quite committed to demolitions though.

My concern is that Desantis is a major player in this Nationwide Energry Partners utility. Not only is this a money maker for him but it’s part of the equation for the funds to build the utilities in these apartments as well as many others not owned by him. If that is successful challenged (it’s pending in the PUCO and Court of Common Pleas where class action certification will be requested), he may really be out of funds and this whole thing will go belly up. Dan Garino of the Dispatch has been writing on the case for awhile for those who have not been following.

I suppose it could be money. But I don’t think so; they’ve owned the land at Front for some time, and if they were really out of money, I’m not sure they would be ripping down buildings and ripping up asphalt at that site. Nor do I think we would be seeing any construction workers at the site of building 1. I think some sort of technical problem, either with the site itself, with the building plans, or with the construction materials, is more likely.

Roger846
    Participant

Whatever the problem, I think the LC people could have been more open and transparent with their community and their future renters. I think they’ve lost some goodwill. Everyone could learn a lesson from Jeni’s in how they handled adversity. Anyways, I’ll believe the LC buildings will be built when I see them.

The LC is building tens of millions of dollars worth in massive suburban complexes. They have no money problems. This is a steel problem or them wanting to work on the three RiverSouth buildings together. BTW, the lot across from the Julian was being torn up today and the crane was in action.

Fur614
    Fur614
    Participant

I’m wondering if the owners of DeNovo is putting legal pressure on LC to remain in “extreme slow motion” until they are in their new spot at Columbus Commons to minimize the loss of traffic caused by construction. And after their move is complete, LC will ramp up quickly….at least that’s my conspiracy theory.:)

ohbr
    Participant

Drove by today and notice the framing for the first floor windows and facade were being installed. interesting. Wonder if they are trying to get the first floor or two operable ASAP

Viewing 6 posts - 556 through 561 (of 561 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: