Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

LC RiverSouth - 8-Story & 10-Story Apartment Buildings at High & Rich

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development LC RiverSouth – 8-Story & 10-Story Apartment Buildings at High & Rich

This topic contains 560 replies, has 89 voices, and was last updated by  ohbr 2 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 561 total)
  • Author

indyout
    Participant

NICE!! It will really be fun watching this project move along.

ohbr
    Participant

Drove by again and the second elevator shaft or stairwell had been blocked up to level two. Actual, noticeable progress in one week. I won’t get my hopes though.

Eridony
    Eridony
    Participant

Construction workers were working away around 10 AM this morning.

Whoa, they are up to two days a week now? I look forward to twice as much progress this year verses last!

Alfalfa
    Alfalfa
    Participant

Drive by this site every day and am amazed at the “lack” of progress compared to the east side of High St projects. No wonder Denovo is moving. Can you imagine the inconvenience to their customers from the construction and the bus stop?

bwitty92
    Participant

On the bright side, the new city buiilding/garage and 12 story condo building are making fairly quick progress.

wpcc88
    Participant

I’m fairly certain we’ll see framing going up before the months end.

Which 12 story condo building? Also the Edwards plans on High & Gay was being worked on yesterday.

RellekOTE
    Participant

Which 12 story condo building? Also the Edwards plans on High & Gay was being worked on yesterday.

The Parks Edge condo building in the Arena District.

wpcc88
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>wpcc88 wrote:</div>

The Parks Edge condo building in the Arena District.

Duh, I guess that was a dumb question on my part. So much action going on that you somehow can overlook another crane in the area.

drtom1234
    Participant

The crane at the building one site was active today. No steel going up, but it was definitely operating today.

Eridony
    Eridony
    Participant

The crane at the building one site was active today. No steel going up, but it was definitely operating today.

I’m glad it still works!

traviscols
    Participant

I called LC Communities directly a couple days ago and told them I was interested in possibly moving into the building going up at Rich & High. I asked them if they had any updates on when they are projecting it to be finished and she said they plan on it taking about 18 months from now to be completed.
    I have noticed what appears to be more construction workers on site recently than there were in the last few months.

Eridony
    Eridony
    Participant

I called LC Communities directly a couple days ago and told them I was interested in possibly moving into the building going up at Rich & High. I asked them if they had any updates on when they are projecting it to be finished and she said they plan on it taking about 18 months from now to be completed.<br>
    I have noticed what appears to be more construction workers on site recently than there were in the last few months.

About the time the whole building was supposed to take originally. From a 2013 article:

Construction of the $20.9 million LC RiverSouth building is expected to start in November, which includes the demolition of two existing buildings at the site. The planned completion date is scheduled for sometime in mid-2015.

And that estimate included the demolition of the previous buildings.

drtom1234
    Participant

I called LC Communities directly a couple days ago and told them I was interested in possibly moving into the building going up at Rich & High. I asked them if they had any updates on when they are projecting it to be finished and she said they plan on it taking about 18 months from now to be completed.<br>

Was that for just the one building, or for both? I could see it taking 18 months to get both buildings built, but 18 months for just the one seems way over the top.

traviscols
    Participant

Unfortunately, I think she was just talking about the one building that’s currently under construction. I actually asked her about the building that’s supposed to be going up across Rich St and she said she doesn’t have any information on that one right now. However she did mention that they are also beginning construction very soon on another project nearby (near the old red zone, I think)

drtom1234
    Participant

Unfortunately, I think she was just talking about the one building that’s currently under construction. I actually asked her about the building that’s supposed to be going up across Rich St and she said she doesn’t have any information on that one right now. However she did mention that they are also beginning construction very soon on another project nearby (near the old red zone, I think)

If that’s true about the Rich/High building, oof, terrible. They must have run into some sort of major problem if it’s going to take that long. In terms of the Front Street building, they’ve demolished the buildings that were there, and dug up the asphalt, so it could start anytime now.

Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 561 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

subscribe_email Get Columbus News Updates in Your Inbox!

Stay in the know! Enter your email address to subscribe to the latest news: