Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

LC RiverSouth - 8-Story & 10-Story Apartment Buildings at High & Rich

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development LC RiverSouth – 8-Story & 10-Story Apartment Buildings at High & Rich

This topic contains 560 replies, has 89 voices, and was last updated by  ohbr 3 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 561 total)
  • Author
    Josh Lapp
    Josh Lapp
    Participant

Construction workers on site today working as they have for the past few months.

WJT
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>WJT wrote:</div>
    At this rate they might be finished by 2010 lol.

Time traveling construction site? I’d be fine driving past tomorrow to find out the building was finished 6 years ago.

Oops! lol I wish it was finished in 2010. I meant 2020, when everything proposed so far for Riversouth would be done. As long as it is progressing I am fine with it- it will get there eventually and they will be a nice addition to downtown.

Eugene_C
    Participant

Construction workers on site today working as they have for the past few months.

They seem to be working in fits and starts. They come build a story or two, then disappear for 6 months – rinse, repeat.

Analogue Kid
    Participant

There are literally only two guys working on this site. No wonder its taking so long!

ohbr
    Participant

So, we get on jbcmh sometimes for being passionate about height, but I am suddenly feeling that passionate about this concept of ‘as long as it gets done, what does it matter how long it takes’ concept. If indeed, the rumors are true and we’re talking about a fall start, that means it will be almost 3 years to go vertical from the time of demolition. Pushing 4 years without proper sidewalks at a prominent intersection downtown. The idea that it may be because it’s urban vs suburban also seems absurd. Again, the plans are completed, the permits and variances obtained. There is not much more than to just build it. I may be wrong, but I just don’t see any additional hurdles simply because it’s an urban project. Each month this gets pushed back, that likely pushes back the other plans LC has for River South pushing back the vibrancy of the district by potentially years at this pace. Columbus needs this River South push for infill to move much more quickly so developers can begin to focus on other areas of downtown. They tend to focus on clusters from my observation and once this cluster is done, we can see another cluster develop.

If the river project had barely even started when is was supposed to have been completed, would we be as complacent about the fact that it will eventually be a good thing?

Mike88
    Participant

Absurd is the perfect way to describe the pace of this build.

Maybe one day our childrens children will see this structure completed…

jbcmh81
    Participant

So, we get on jbcmh sometimes for being passionate about height, but I am suddenly feeling that passionate about this concept of ‘as long as it gets done, what does it matter how long it takes’ concept. If indeed, the rumors are true and we’re talking about a fall start, that means it will be almost 3 years to go vertical from the time of demolition. Pushing 4 years without proper sidewalks at a prominent intersection downtown. The idea that it may be because it’s urban vs suburban also seems absurd. Again, the plans are completed, the permits and variances obtained. There is not much more than to just build it. I may be wrong, but I just don’t see any additional hurdles simply because it’s an urban project. Each month this gets pushed back, that likely pushes back the other plans LC has for River South pushing back the vibrancy of the district by potentially years at this pace. Columbus needs this River South push for infill to move much more quickly so developers can begin to focus on other areas of downtown. They tend to focus on clusters from my observation and once this cluster is done, we can see another cluster develop.

If the river project had barely even started when is was supposed to have been completed, would we be as complacent about the fact that it will eventually be a good thing?

Ironically, I didn’t really have anything bad to say about this project when it was proposed. While I would’ve liked to have seen even taller projects here, they are at least much closer to matching the High Street standards than other stuff getting built/proposed recently. I also liked the proposed design, which compared to HighPoint, looked like an architectural masterpiece. Figures that there would be issues with getting the damn thing built.

Ned23
    Ned23
    Participant

Did you hear the joke about the new LC RiverSouth building?

Wait for it….

LiquidGold
    Participant

Have they made any progress or is it still 3 stories of concrete?

ohbr
    Participant

They started to build the elevator shaft so I guess that’s progress?

drtom1234
    Participant

Interestingly, they’ve bulldozed the buildings and are ripping up the parking lot where the 3rd LC building is supposed to go. I have also seen a few more construction workers on building one, though there is still no steel going up. Absolutely nothing is happening at the building two site.

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

Just pathetic.

ohbr
    Participant

Interestingly, they’ve bulldozed the buildings and are ripping up the parking lot where the 3rd LC building is supposed to go. I have also seen a few more construction workers on building one, though there is still no steel going up. Absolutely nothing is happening at the building two site.

I mean, they were using it as a staging area for the cinder blocks for the elevator (or stairwell). That counts as something, right? Aha! Maybe that’s the hold up. They were waiting on the cinder blocks to build a stairwell so they can get to the upper levels to start building taller!

Josh Bauman
    Josh Bauman
    Participant

Maybe they’re realizing they know how to build that scale of building… Though I’m suprrised they would both site prep this far ahead of schedule, especially since that parking could continue to be making money up until they’re actually really ready for demo… Interesting to see what happens next

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

Construction workers were working away around 10 AM this morning.

Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 561 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.