Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

LC RiverSouth - 8-Story & 10-Story Apartment Buildings at High & Rich

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development LC RiverSouth – 8-Story & 10-Story Apartment Buildings at High & Rich

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 561 total)
  • Author

Pro Se
    Participant

It’s been a small crew working over there. My thinking is that it will take a while to get the structure to three floors of concrete (they are currently at two), at which point they will switch to wood and put the additional five together very quickly. If they are going to concrete all eight floors, they’ll be there forever…

To be fair, the concrete work is probably quite specialized and they’re working in Winter… As Eridony says, time will soon tell whether this was an accurate date or more false hope from LC which has thus far really lost a lot of faith in dragging this out…

ohbr
    Participant

The Joseph was concrete from bottom to top and it went up at an average rate of 1 floor per week, 2 at most. We’ll see. Come April 1st, I won’t be surprised it we’re still asking the same question.

Ned23
    Ned23
    Participant

why concrete I wonder? that’s an older style of construction. Maybe a shortage of iron workers?

indyout
    Participant

Structural steel is scheduled to arrive next week, then the frame “should” go up quickly, and concrete work will begin on tower 2

King Gambrinus
    King Gambrinus
    Participant

Structural steel is scheduled to arrive next week, then the frame “should” go up quickly, and concrete work will begin on tower 2

I hope that’s true. It’ll be exciting to finally see it rise.

Eugene_C
    Participant

I hope that’s true. It’ll be exciting to finally see it rise.

It will be exciting to get the sidewalk back. The intersection of Rich and High has been a disaster for too long.

Pro Se
    Participant

Eugene_C – my sentiments exactly. While I would love for these to come on-line sooner for density’s sake, the taking hostage of this intersection for far too long is slowing the progress that other more responsible developers are making. That is the true concern.

wpcc88
    Participant

Eugene_C – my sentiments exactly. While I would love for these to come on-line sooner for density’s sake, the taking hostage of this intersection for far too long is slowing the progress that other more responsible developers are making. That is the true concern.

LC is one of those developers, don’t forget their other proposed project. This whole area is going to blow up in the next two years. Hopefully all the way over to 4th.

CB_downtowner
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Pro Se wrote:</div>

LC is one of those developers, don’t forget their other proposed project. This whole area is going to blow up in the next two years. Hopefully all the way over to 4th.

That’s part of the concern. We’re all hoping that these two 8-story buildings are ready within two years, let alone the other legs of the project. I sure hope the future phases don’t follow the same pattern of blocking off land/sidewalks on a key stretch of downtown only to sit on the land for a year.

wpcc88
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>wpcc88 wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Pro Se wrote:</div><br>

That’s part of the concern. We’re all hoping that these two 8-story buildings are ready within two years, let alone the other legs of the project. I sure hope the future phases don’t follow the same pattern of blocking off land/sidewalks on a key stretch of downtown only to sit on the land for a year.

Honestly they might have bitten off a bit more than they can chew in this case. They have projects going in three different states and on top of that this is only their second trip into urban development.

Josh Lapp
    Josh Lapp
    Participant

Honestly they might have bitten off a bit more than they can chew in this case. They have projects going in three different states and on top of that this is only their second trip into urban development.

I think you may be underestimating the size/scale of the LC operation. For instance:

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/real-estate/2014/11/ohio-developer-tees-up-450-apartments-in.html

They also seem to have had projects coming online recently in Nashville and Louisville. If anytime it’s probably good that LC lined up to develop these sites because it seems like they are one of the few groups that does have the capability in Columbus.

Eugene_C
    Participant

I remember hearing that they had to review and revise the construction methods in order to protect the building next door which is a pretty old building. Those little things are what makes urban development more tricky than building in cornfields.

WJT
    Participant

I know it is taking a long time but as long as these get eventually get built to the stated specifications I will be happy. In five years(assuming they are done lol)nobody will care about how long it took.

wpcc88
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>wpcc88 wrote:</div>

I think you may be underestimating the size/scale of the LC operation. For instance:

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/blog/real-estate/2014/11/ohio-developer-tees-up-450-apartments-in.html

They also seem to have had projects coming online recently in Nashville and Louisville. If anytime it’s probably good that LC lined up to develop these sites because it seems like they are one of the few groups that does have the capability in Columbus.

I’m not underestimating them as a company at all; just pointing out that this is only their second urban development project. Take a company like Edwards for example, you couldn’t ask for a better apartment developer to take-on the High & Gay/Long Street development as far as experience is concerned. Previously they were only a suburban player but now they’ve got a few urban projects under their belt so things happen faster.

A161830
    Participant

I think its important to note that LC is doing something that has never been done in downtown Columbus. The size, quality and cost of these projects are taking urban Columbus living to another level and are on par with the type of development you would see in a Nashville. If it takes a little longer to get it right is fine by me.

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 561 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE