Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

LC RiverSouth - 8-Story & 10-Story Apartment Buildings at High & Rich

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development LC RiverSouth – 8-Story & 10-Story Apartment Buildings at High & Rich

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 561 total)
  • Author
    _calebross
    _calebross
    Participant

Love the design of this, and usually all of LC’s, buildings. It’s interesting that they aren’t applying for conceptual review and are going straight to final approval from the commission, but they are somewhat behind on the other two buildings?

Also, I think a 7-10 story building with retail on the first two floors (maybe big enough for an urban Target) would go great at Rich and Front street. That parking lot is somewhat mute because of the public parking garage right across Front Street. If need be, was the garage built to be able to add more parking levels?

King Gambrinus
    King Gambrinus
    Participant

I’m still amazed by the lack of progress on this. I’ve been by this building probably biweekly since they “restarted” construction and I’m still shocked at what little they’ve done. Many buildings can pour a floor or 2 week. Steel framing can be even faster. I’m not expecting it to be done in a month or anything, but some progress would be great. It’s like they sent one guy out there and told him to make it look like an active construction site.

Josh Miller
    Josh Miller
    Participant

Some facade changes approved this morning but bigger news is revised timeline – looks like March before the first building goes vertical, the second is 6 mos later. Also, maybe I missed it but wasn’t aware that the second building was scaled back to 9 stories from 10?
    http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2015/11/17/Downtown-commission-approves-projects.html

The commission also approved façade changes to the two Lifestyle Communities apartment-building projects along S. High Street: the eight-story Trautman Building at 205 S. High St. and the nine-story Beatty Building at 229-245 S. High St

…Passersby will see the Trautman Building begin to rise by March, with work on the Beatty Building trailing by six months. The Trautman Building is supposed to have 106 apartments, the Beatty Building, 137 apartments.

drtom1234
    Participant

The facade was the best thing about these buildings, I hope it’s not too changed. Anyone have any of the new renderings?

King Gambrinus
    King Gambrinus
    Participant

Agreed. They were beautifully designed. I’m very curious to see what the changes were. Hopefully they didn’t remove all of the ornamentation to save some dollars.

Eridony
    Eridony
    Participant

They are trying to make them blend in with Highpoint.

JMan
    Participant

This sounds like disappointing news.The design was something I was very much looking forward to.Curious to see what the new renderings are like.

ohbr
    Participant

Hopefully we won’t see any real set back on design. My thinking is the design may not be changed too drastically or they wouldn’t have proposed a similarly classic style for the other building.

My concern is another 4 months of the site sitting idle. That will make a year give or take of having the crane up with no action? That’s the biggest disappointment thus far. I don’t even know if I believe that they’ll start in March. Will this be another Ibiza (?) I wasn’t here for the Ibiza era so I don’t know too much about how that plan went through and fell through.

Nancy H
    Participant

Ibiza (don’t remember the spelling either) was not nearly as painful as the Jeffrey site. It always pains me a bit when developers or development projects go south. We sometimes willy-nilly support variances for projects only to have the project fall through for whatever reason. Variances run with the land, not the property owners.

Ned23
    Participant

They are trying to make them blend in with Highpoint.

ROFLcopter

JMan
    Participant

I believe this is a viable developer, and I am sure this one will make it up out of the ground come next spring.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

My concern is another 4 months of the site sitting idle. That will make a year give or take of having the crane up with no action? That’s the biggest disappointment thus far. I don’t even know if I believe that they’ll start in March. Will this be another Ibiza (?) I wasn’t here for the Ibiza era so I don’t know too much about how that plan went through and fell through.

I agree that the delays are disappointing, but I don’t think I’d worry too much about nothing ever happening. It’s not like LC has been sitting around doing nothing as a whole. The company is building multiple developments in multiple cities, even while Riversouth sits stalled for a bit…

NEW: https://lifestylecommunities.com/communities/lc-providence/details.html

NEW: https://lifestylecommunities.com/communities/mystic-pines/details.html

NEW: https://lifestylecommunities.com/communities/lc-brooklands/details.html

PLANNING: https://lifestylecommunities.com/communities/lc-new-albany-park-exchange/coming-soon.html

PLANNING: http://www.columbusunderground.com/neighbors-to-weigh-in-on-large-mixed-use-proposal-for-high-street-in-worthington-bw1

The facade changes are only affecting the first 2 stories (the stone part), and only the courtyard and alley facing sides of both buildings. Probably a good thing so the Rich and High portions differ at street level from the courtyard and alley sides.

Also the Beatty building is still to be 10 floors. The Dispatch got confused by the 9 floors of apartments with ground level retail.

Josh Bauman
    Josh Bauman
    Participant

The facade changes are only affecting the first 2 stories (the stone part), and only the courtyard and alley facing sides of both buildings. Probably a good thing so the Rich and High portions differ at street level from the courtyard and alley sides.

Also the Beatty building is still to be 10 floors. The Dispatch got confused by the 9 floors of apartments with ground level retail.

Great, thanks for the info!

Eridony
    Eridony
    Participant

Glad that was cleared up. Thanks!

I’ve been critical of LC because of their slow progress, but I am hopeful we will end up with a quality development someday.

Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 561 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: