Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

LC RiverSouth - 8-Story & 10-Story Apartment Buildings at High & Rich

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development LC RiverSouth – 8-Story & 10-Story Apartment Buildings at High & Rich

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 561 total)
  • Author
    Josh Lapp
    Josh Lapp
    Participant

Noticed some heavy earth moving equipment back out on the Beatty site last week. Looks like they weren’t kidding!

Eridony
    Eridony
    Participant

Noticed some heavy earth moving equipment back out on the Beatty site last week. Looks like they weren’t kidding!

F— yeah!

LiquidGold
    Participant

So when is the expected completion date now? Will they have the typical LC layout of a pool and the Goat restaurant?

mbeaumont
    Participant

They’re building a Goat. Not sure about pools.

Eridony
    Eridony
    Participant

So when is the expected completion date now? Will they have the typical LC layout of a pool and the Goat restaurant?

Early 2017

Ned23
    Participant

Excellent news!

Construction activity has resumed on the south side of Rich. I can believe it about the buildings next to the site you can see into holes in the building wall on the north side of the site.

Ned23
    Participant

I wonder what the naysayers have to say now about “why are we building a park in central downtown, there’s no way it’s going to spark development”

Haha! I remember that back when the Dispatch had comments.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Not sure if anyone has seen much in the way of construction crews here yet, but it doesn’t appear that much progress has been made yet…

PHOTOS: http://www.columbusunderground.com/construction-roundup-september-2015

cadillackid
    Participant

the south side of rich I have noticed them installing the Water and sewer lines, but not as much as seen a soul on the north side for over a month.. though I do note the direction of the crane seems to change every couple of days. . not sure if thatd just the wind moving it or if they have to run it every so often for maintenance, safety checks..

I wouldve thought that they wouldve worked hard to get the structure up before winter so they could work indoors this winter and be ready to rent during the busy spring season…

what is the delay? did they run out of money?
    -Christopher

Josh Lapp
    Josh Lapp
    Participant

Looks like work has started again on the North Building!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

News
    Participant

LC Proposes Five-Story Mixed-Use Project for Main and Front Downtown
    November 4, 2015 2:35 pm – Brent Warren

Lifestyle Communities has submitted plans for two adjoining five-story buildings at the northwest corner of Main and Front streets, a proposal that would add 117 apartment units to an area of Downtown that is already attracting plenty of interest from both developers and apartment-seekers.

READ MORE: http://www.columbusunderground.com/the-matan-bw1

Eridony
    Eridony
    Participant

Will they start by digging a hole and leaving it empty for an indeterminate amount of time?

Honestly I think it’s great to bring yet another project downtown. It just seems developers are announcing future projects when they have barely started on their current projects.

Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant

Nice to see something else planned other than a parking garage. A little more height with river views would be nice as well as more first floor retail.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Honestly I think it’s great to bring yet another project downtown. It just seems developers are announcing future projects when they have barely started on their current projects.

The development cycle from ideation to completion is pretty long. Getting the next phase in front of the commission in two weeks is just one step in that process. I’d be surprised if they want start construction before completing at least the first building.

Eridony
    Eridony
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Eridony wrote:</div>

The development cycle from ideation to completion is pretty long. Getting the next phase in front of the commission in two weeks is just one step in that process. I’d be surprised if they want start construction before completing at least the first building.

Yeah, of course. I doubt they could build all the buildings at once. I just hope next year the building they are currently working on gets to at least the third floor since this year they’ve only managed to get to ground level.

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 561 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: