Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

LC RiverSouth - 8-Story & 10-Story Apartment Buildings at High & Rich

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development LC RiverSouth – 8-Story & 10-Story Apartment Buildings at High & Rich

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 561 total)
  • Author
    Eridony
    Eridony
    Participant

So if the meeting was this morning does anyone know if the changes were approved?

Josh Miller
    Josh Miller
    Participant

Unanimous approval!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Sweet!

Eridony
    Eridony
    Participant

Awesome! Thanks Josh!

Big Drew
    Participant

This is going to be a bumpin area downtown once everyone is moved in! I can’t wait!

mbeaumont
    Participant

Hooray! Let’s hope this spurs retail across the street at Highpoint. I drove by today and it’s really sad to still see no retail in that development. :(

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Hooray! Let’s hope this spurs retail across the street at Highpoint. I drove by today and it’s really sad to still see no retail in that development. :(

PurePressed Juicery is hosting a private launch party in the Highpoint community room on Thursday and grand opening of their retail space is coming on April 1st.

While I’ve heard that retail rents are high at Highpoint (no pun intended) I’m kind of surprised we haven’t seen more interest in the older spots directly across the street. I imagine they’re cheaper. Perhaps everyone is waiting for the first move? Or waiting until the construction headaches are over (I’ve heard it’s been tough on the existing businesses) before opening new stores and shops?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

The latest photos on both sides of Rich Street:

FROM HERE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/construction-roundup-march-2015-part-1

News
    Participant

Lifestyle Communities Interested in More RiverSouth Development
    March 30, 2015 7:00 am – Walker Evans

Last week it was revealed that the two-building LC RiverSouth development Downtown would be expanding in scope by another two floors, bringing the total number of apartment units to 243. While the news was certainly a surprise, even more surprising was the inclusion of yet-to-be-announced five-story building located southeast of the LC RiverSouth development site.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/lifestyle-communities-interested-in-more-riversouth-development

Pablo
    Participant

If you look carefully at the rendering, you’ll notice that 88 W. Main St. is still there. That’s great if LC decides to keep it – it has a cool stone facade. Keeping some older buildings adds richness to the urban environment.

https://www.google.com/maps/@39.955872,-83.001648,3a,68.9y,334.24h,97.99t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sPflIa9l2REila0eRODifag!2e0?hl=en

Eridony
    Eridony
    Participant

I noticed that in the rendering, but figured it was just a place holder for a future development since they already own that land.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

If you look carefully at the rendering, you’ll notice that 88 W. Main St. is still there. That’s great if LC decides to keep it – it has a cool stone facade. Keeping some older buildings adds richness to the urban environment.

Agreed. Would be great if it could be kept and repurposed.

Pablo
    Participant

According to the Auditor, the entire block is owned by one company with the exception of 88 W. Main and the parking lot immediately west. This is also reflected in the rendering. Looks like LC is working around the older building.

MHJ
    Participant

While I’ve heard that retail rents are high at Highpoint (no pun intended) I’m kind of surprised we haven’t seen more interest in the older spots directly across the street. I imagine they’re cheaper. Perhaps everyone is waiting for the first move? Or waiting until the construction headaches are over (I’ve heard it’s been tough on the existing businesses) before opening new stores and shops?

I suspect that once all these buildings come on line, we’ll rapidly see new retail coming into those spaces. It might be worth talking to CDDC to hear what they view as the strategy for downtown retail in light of the rush of new development.

Personally I’m hoping to hear about someone coming in and re-purposing the bank building at the intersection of Town and High next to the Lazarus building.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Personally I’m hoping to hear about someone coming in and re-purposing the bank building at the intersection of Town and High next to the Lazarus building.

Me too! Since 2009…

https://www.columbusunderground.com/top-10-chains-we-wouldnt-mind-seeing-downtown

Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 561 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: