Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

LC RiverSouth - 8-Story & 10-Story Apartment Buildings at High & Rich

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development LC RiverSouth – 8-Story & 10-Story Apartment Buildings at High & Rich

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 561 total)
  • Author

Pro Se
    Participant

Thanks for the updates everyone. I would have thought that projects in the Central Business District would have garnered pressure to complete those first as they disrupt pedestrian and vehicle traffic and are generally unsightly in a high priority area. Nonetheless, I can understand the budgeting of resources

And I do think that two eight story buildings are cause for the demolition of the previous buildings to the extent they actually get built. I guess I am still a bit scarred from all the projects that went bust in 2008-2009.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I guess I am still a bit scarred from all the projects that went bust in 2008-2009.

Like which ones? There weren’t that many.

I can’t think of any that went bust following the demolition of a building either, unless you count Ibiza, but that’s been replaced with The Hub. And the former building there wasn’t much of a looker. ;)

wpcc88
    Participant

I heard from someone at the City that the project has been delayed because LC doesn’t have the staff to manage too many projects at one time. This is similar to the Wood Companies – they can only manage 1 or 2 projects at a time. There’s always the option of hiring a construction management company, but there’s a cost involved.

I know that there were plans to renovate The Goat @ Preserve Crossing and they are in the middle of construction on 2-3 out of state projects as well.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Here’s a view of the back of the existing buildings at the SW corner of Rich and High to give an idea of how non-optimal it is for renovating into any decent number of apartment units. There appears to be at least a century of building additions affixed to the backs of the buildings in the front. I’m sure it could all be cleaned up nice enough, but it wouldn’t get the density of the new eight-story LC Riversouth building proposed to replace it all.

From here: https://www.columbusunderground.com/construction-roundup-september-2014

Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant

Are you doing a part two to this months construction roundup? Would like to see all the others like the Fireproof, senior housing in Vic Village etc. Either way just wondering! Thanks for the great photos!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

No part 2 this month. Swamped with a lot of other projects right now. ;)

Josh Miller
    Josh Miller
    Participant

Not sure exactly what they were doing but a construction crew was onsite this morning!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Yeah, it looks like they pushed the sidewalk fencing to the street too.

Going up?

Pro Se
    Participant

Gracias a Dios!

Miracle
    Participant

They were on site working this morning hammering out the remaining concrete wall along Rich. Hopefully construction will continue!

tonloc620
    Participant

Construction will begin soon, and demolition of the building on the south side of Rich will start coming down soon also.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Not much of an update… but took a quick updated photo of the site yesterday…

MORE PHOTOS: https://www.columbusunderground.com/construction-roundup-october-2014-part-1

wpcc88
    Participant

actual construction has begun, another project getting off the ground in 2014.. really turning out to be a great year for the city

jbcmh81
    Participant

actual construction has begun, another project getting off the ground in 2014.. really turning out to be a great year for the city

I don’t know, too many projects ended up getting cancelled or watered down. The convention center project, pretty much anything in Clintonville, the bike lanes Downtown… There have been good things this year, but way too much mediocrity and NIMBYism for my taste.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

There’s a crane now on site if you haven’t already noticed it! ;)

MORE PHOTOS: https://www.columbusunderground.com/construction-roundup-november-2014-part-1

Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 561 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: