Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Select areas of Columbus now available in high-res on Google Street View

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Select areas of Columbus now available in high-res on Google Street View

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author

Talcott

It looks like they are already expanding it beyond intersections. I was just playing around downtown, and parts of State and Wall are fully high-res (possibly more, but that’s where I happened to be looking).

Stewz
    Participant

The snorkle people were hilarious. I just had my entire row at work cracking up.

futureman
    Participant

Now if they would just update the satellite maps of Columbus … They have to be pushing 6+ years old now.

Tigertree

The swine flu masks are in my window, so it’s whenever we did that. Also, it looks like 2 of the masks have been blurred out. Could just be a sun spot, but it’s funny to think that it isn’t.

GW_Justice
    Participant

Ugg. There is a big old smear of bird crap on the dome of the camera in every single new Grandview GS photo. You have to pan up to see it, but it irritates me that they would be so sloppy that could happen.

And now that I look at other areas, the same smear is up on the dome. Great. Columbus is now bird crap city.

Talcott

GW_Justice wrote >>
    Ugg. There is a big old smear of bird crap on the dome of the camera in every single new Grandview GS photo. You have to pan up to see it, but it irritates me that they would be so sloppy that could happen.
    And now that I look at other areas, the same smear is up on the dome. Great. Columbus is now bird crap city.

Crap*, you’re right!

This could actually wind up being a bit of subtle good publicity for Columbus. I could see a lot of blogs picking something like that up as an amusing story about Google screwing up a bit. Someone just needs to make sure that the location these blogs use to illustrate it shows off the city really well.

If you could show the world one corner in Columbus, what would it be?

*sorry, I couldn’t resit.

ETA: I don’t see it in some of the downtown shots, which means it was hit while driving around town. There might be a very interesting action shot hidden in there once it’s all uploaded.

Livingston & Geers. Gay-friendly and ghetto-ish. Two parts of the city that are normally self-segregated but join together in harmony at this intersection.

Brant
    Participant

Now in Antarctica!

The photos they took last spring are beautiful (save the birdshit.)

Analogue Kid
    Participant

Funny that this thread got bumped today as they finalized the high res street view for Columbus. Now you can see the whole block of a street in high res rather than just the intersections. Still not high res far out in the burbs though.

ssnyder5

I live at an intersection in Clintonville so I just checked it out to see how it differs from the old pics. The new pictures are much clearer. They are so clear that I could see the sidewalk chalk on the sidewalk in front of my house.
    From that, I know that the pictures were a year ago in May.

heresthecasey
    Participant

Street view images for Columbus have just been updated again.

The previous dates were circa 2009, which have now been (somewhat belatedly) updated to anywhere between summer 2011 and fall 2012 depending on the location.

chaptal
    Participant

Last year the street view car drove by while I was stopped at an intersection. Just checked the map, and there’s my car!

AMEEKER
    Participant

Hey! My house doesn’t look like a crack house anymore! Whoopee!

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

*G* my red recycling tub is upside down and waiting to be brought back in.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: