Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Seeking Non-Profits to be part of our Volunteer Fair

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Seeking Non-Profits to be part of our Volunteer Fair

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Luckys Market
    Participant

Lucky’s Market is hosting our first Volunteer Fair on August 16th, from 3-5. Our goal is to introduce our community to some of the amazing non-profits we have in town, let them show off all the good work they do, and talk about ways for volunteers to plug in. We have a number of non-profits on board already, but we are looking to pack the house that day.

In addition to community members who are customs, we of course consider or team members community, too, which is why we offer up to pay employees up to 40 hours a year for their volunteer time. What I’m hearing a lot from my coworkers is that they love this benefit, but aren’t sure how to tap in to it, ie- who needs me? We think the general community might feel some of that, too- maybe someone wants to be involved in doing good, but doesn’t know where to start looking for an organization that does work they’d like to be a part of- this Volunteer Fair is looking to address some of those issues

If you’re involved with an organization that you think would be a good fit, please message me at [email protected], or I’d be delighted to chat with anyone here. Thanks, y’all!

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

Contact Community Shares of Mid-Ohio, that’s an umbrella organization of ~100 local non-profits working in many different areas.

Thanks for your efforts!

Luckys Market
    Participant

Thank YOU! Keep ’em coming!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

URBAN LIVING TOUR 2020

This year’s Urban Living Tour event has been postponed due to COVID-19, but will be returning later this summer!

CLICK HERE to sign up to be notified when tickets go on sale!