Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Seeking Interview Questions - Jeff Edwards

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A Seeking Interview Questions – Jeff Edwards

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I’m meeting with Jeff Edwards next week to talk about Neighborhood Launch:

http://www.neighborhoodlaunch.com

Anyone have any questions about the project?

CbusIslander
    Participant

Is the development still planning the 5 story building that would be closest to CCAD?
    Just looking into the specifics of each phase that is planned. Look forward to the interview.

How could you do that to your wife?

Oops – thought it said John Edwards. :)

How about, “Are you related to that scumbag?”

JD3

I would like to know if there are plans to build anything in the direction of High Street, the Arena District and Short North. I like the project but it would be cool if those areas were a little more “connected”.

coolbuckeye
    Participant

Has the downturn in the economy changed your projections on the type of structures you will build?

Motorist
    Participant

Why no commercial space in the project?

melikecheese
    Participant

What is this project?

It was hard to tell by reading the website if this was just an informational thing or if they are building something, or if this is a club. Then I saw quotes about people living there? I am lost.

futureman
    Participant

melikecheese wrote >>
    What is this project?
    It was hard to tell by reading the website if this was just an informational thing or if they are building something, or if this is a club. Then I saw quotes about people living there? I am lost.

The first couple of buildings (Condos) are done now, with a second (or 3rd?) phase under construction. The project is located at Gay and 4th and is moving up towards CCAD. Also, you could stop by UrbanOhio.com and checkout the thread there, very informative –

http://www.urbanohio.com/forum2/index.php/topic,8471.90.html

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

melikecheese wrote >>
    What is this project?

Simply put, it is a residential Downtown development on Gay Street that is filling in around 9 blocks of parking lots with urban infill. It was announced in Spring 2006, has several phases currently finished and others under construction or in development.

You can track the “news” history of the project here:

https://www.columbusunderground.com/tag/neighborhood-launch

Columbusite

What is the timeline for this project to be completed at this point?

gk

Is he still planning to convert the old Salvation Army building in the Brewery District to condominiums and, if so, what is the time frame and price points for the units?

Josh Lapp
    Josh Lapp
    Participant

Add a thanks for the awesome new development! Also is there a point where there may be some neighborhood retail components? I feel like i recall reading about them somewhere but forget now.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

This one is tomorrow. Any final questions?

roy
    Participant

I’d be interested in Mr. Edwards’ opinion of the Downtown Commission.

The Downtown Commission operates differently than all other area commissions (AC) in Columbus. ACs generally make recommendations to city council after thorough public meetings and a vote of elected commissioners. They engage citizens in myriad ways, and their codified powers and duties support their work as the eyes and ears of neighborhoods.

The Downtown Commission has the final say on development and other issues; their recommendations don’t advance to elected members of city council but instead, the opinions of these appointed individuals are final. Only one Downtown Commission member actually lives downtown, and many downtown residents don’t believe they have genuine representation.

Urban Dansigner
    Participant

What are the economic realities of constructing a 4+ story building downtown? Why are they not being pursued (Carlyle’s Watch excluded)?

I really like the development on Gay Street, but would have liked to have seen a larger building at Gay & Fourth possibly at the height of the Antheneum. Please commend Jeff on the quality of materials and details!

Any possibility of developing something similar to Neighborhood Launch around the Deaf School Park? The East and North Boundaries of the park seem ideally suited for this building type.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

The forum ‘Q&A’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE