Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Seeking Interview Questions: Council President Andrew Ginther

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A Seeking Interview Questions: Council President Andrew Ginther

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Councilmember Andrew Ginther was just selected on Monday to serve as City Council President.

Going to be conducting an interview with him, and wanted to get some questions from CU readers as to what you’d like to know of the income Council president.

As always, serious questions only, please.

CMHresident

The project to improve the intersection of North High and North Broadway has been put on hold. The intersection has been determined to be failing and the current design is the cause of numerous traffic and safety issues at the intersection, and surrounding areas. Do you support improving the intersection by moving forward with the City of Columbus plans for the intersection (dedicated right turn lane when heading east on North Broadway, and dedicated left turn lane, when heading west on North Broadway at High Street)?

mazzyD

CMHresident wrote >>
    The project to improve the intersection of North High and North Broadway has been put on hold. The intersection has been determined to be failing and the current design is the cause of numerous traffic and safety issues at the intersection, and surrounding areas. Do you support improving the intersection by moving forward with the City of Columbus plans for the intersection (dedicated right turn lane when heading east on North Broadway, and dedicated left turn lane, when heading west on North Broadway at High Street)?

+1

There were alot of candidates who applied for city council. Many were very experienced and/or high profile candidates. What criteria did you believe was most important when selecting who would fill the two vacancies?

berdawn

Under what circumstances would you support the creation of a ward system for city government?

Andrew Hall

berdawn wrote >>
    Under what circumstances would you support the creation of a ward system for city government?

Great question. I would like an answer to that one. And please follow-up – don’t let him get away with a nebulous non-answer. Cite the lack of geographical diversity in Council (not sure where the newest members reside.)

A.

Pablo
    Participant

Ask him if he supports the Mayor’s plans for a city wide curbside recycling program for 2012.

It would be great if the city building permit approval process could be streamlined. As a design professional, I’ve had to deal with the permitting process. In my experience, city employees individually have been helpful and responsive but the system as a whole is slow and clunky and painful….

berdawn

Andrew Hall wrote >>

berdawn wrote >>

Great question. I would like an answer to that one. And please follow-up – don’t let him get away with a nebulous non-answer. Cite the lack of geographical diversity in Council (not sure where the newest members reside.)
    A.

Short north and Agler/Stelzer according the addresses in the Dispatch.

labi
    Participant

mazzyD wrote >>
    There were a lot of candidates who applied for city council. Many were very experienced and/or high profile candidates. What criteria did you believe was most important when selecting who would fill the two vacancies?

big +1

When one of the salient characteristics of the current council is the members’ short tenures, I was really hopeful about adding some new members with real depth of knowledge. I’m not seeing that so much with these two– hoping I’ll learn more that changes that impression.

Lakee911
    Participant

Pablo wrote >>
    Ask him if he supports the Mayor’s plans for a city wide curbside recycling program for 2012.
    It would be great if the city building permit approval process could be streamlined. As a design professional, I’ve had to deal with the permitting process. In my experience, city employees individually have been helpful and responsive but the system as a whole is slow and clunky and painful….

+1

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Thanks for the questions everyone. Still pinning down the interview time. Had a scheduling conflict.

lazyfish
    lazyfish
    Participant

it would be great to know the status of the dog leash law. I believe we are close to completion of the regional dog parks.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

This is on for tomorrow morning, so please have any questions posted in here by 5pm if you still have some to share. :D Will do my best to get as many answered as possible!

Feel free to send me something via email at [email protected] if you want to remain more anonymous with your contributions.

Thanks!

mazzyD

Walker, I didn’t see a follow up to this. Did you have the interview?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Sorry, taking a bit of time to transcribe and edit. Should be up within the next week.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Here we go!

Council Prez Ginther Discusses Future of Columbus:

https://www.columbusunderground.com/council-prez-ginther-discusses-future-of-columbus

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The forum ‘Q&A’ is closed to new topics and replies.

KEEP LOCAL JOURNALISM HEALTHY.

Local journalism is more important than ever. Please take a moment to read a bit about our mission and consider financially supporting our cause.

CLICK HERE