Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Search feature on this message board

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat Search feature on this message board

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jeffersin
    Jeffersin
    Participant

Is there a search feature for just the message board or are we stuck with the clunky Google Custom Search for the entire website?

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

Hi, Sorry the search is for the whole site. Are you looking for something particular and unable to find it? If you have an idea what you are looking for, please post or send a pm and I may be able to help you.

Jeffersin
    Jeffersin
    Participant

Nothing really in particular. Occasionally I like to type in a restaurant/food truck/business and see if a message board thread already exists and what type of feedback people have posted and add mine. This instant I searched Challah food truck and it returned 7 pages of results. I went through them and it appears no thread exists on Challah. Just wanted to check if there was a less cumbersome process of finding if a thread on ‘subject x’ already exists.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I’ve found that adding “messageboard” to your search can help most of the time (google works in mysterious ways).

A search for “Challah messageboard” versus just “Challah” should help to limit the article and event searches down.

But of course, if no messageboard thread exists for them, then no type of search engine will find it. ;)

spfld_expat
    spfld_expat
    Participant

You can try going to Google and typing:

“site:columbusunderground.com/forums challah”

That will limit results to just CU threads in the forums section.

Chris Sunami
    Chris Sunami
    Participant

You can try going to Google and typing:

“site:columbusunderground.com/forums challah”

That will limit results to just CU threads in the forums section.

@Walker
    – You should be able to write a search box fairly easily that will just append the above to any give search. I agree this is a much needed functionality, and it’s not reasonable to expect the majority of users to do it themselves, even in the case that they’re search-engine-saavy enough to figure it out.

King Gambrinus
    King Gambrinus
    Participant

I’ve had this question myself. Good to know there’s a way to just search the forum.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION