Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Scioto Mile - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Scioto Mile – News & Updates

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 505 total)
  • Author

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

Take a tip from the bronze animal sculptures at the zoo, and install a big bronze half-immersed Quillback Carpsucker, which is native to the downtown river pool right there. Kids could climb around on it.

joev
    Participant

There are kind of a lot of bronze carp sculptures there already – we might have that covered.

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

How about a giant shopping cart?

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

Unfortunately, no matter what design is proposed, there will always be “It looks like a ___”

Pickerington_Kyle
    Participant

jpizzow said:
    How about a giant shopping cart?

With Victoria Secret on it? :p

Pickerington_Kyle
    Participant

I like the 3 sails thing, I just hope it’s tall enough to see it from all the tree’s going by the city.

mbhays
    Participant

mbhays
    Participant

mbhays
    Participant

The latest version of the tower looks too much like the work of the sculptor Rita McBride.

columbusmike
    Participant

Wow, nice dig! That certainly looks much more appealing (visually) than the proposed sculpture for the Scioto Mile. It’s simple and doesn’t resemble a damn cooling tower. I’m a little disappointed on how the space inside the sculpture was treated…seems like it could have been much more interesting than an unpaved pile of dirt (maybe it’s just not done yet).

Pickerington_Kyle
    Participant

What City is that sculpture in?

columbusmike
    Participant

Pickerington_Kyle said:
    What City is that sculpture in?

It has to be Europe. Notice the nice boulevard between the highway lanes. Americans prefer their raw concrete median barricades, slightly cracked, aged, and decorated with reflectors :)

Pablo
    Participant

Looks like it’s in Munich: http://vimeo.com/32972116

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

I actually really like that design. Leave it to Europe to do the nuclear tower right. I would hate for the artist to replicate but in this case, I’d be happy with pretty much the same design and scale, only add an interactive feature and lights for night.

mrpoppinzs

I remember this from some survey course I took. Pretty cool.

It will be great to have more public art in Columbus.

Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 505 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE