Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Schmidt’s seeks rooftop beer garden, expansion

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Schmidt’s seeks rooftop beer garden, expansion

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jgeorge300
    jgeorge300
    Participant

Looks like another good way to enjoy a cream puff.

Schmidt’s seeks rooftop beer garden, expansion

OneBagTravel
    Participant

That’s like doubling their space lol. Great idea, can’t wait!

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

This is such awesome news. But, can you really see the skyline over those high trees? I didn’t think the second floor was that high up. Either way, view or no view, a rooftop patio is never a bad idea.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Taking a break to climb stairs between trips to the autobahn sounds like a good idea.

Josh Miller
    Josh Miller
    Participant

From the Rooftop dining thread…

Some renderings of the Schmidt’s project can be found here, the 240 East Kossuth links – http://germanvillage.com/may-5-german-village-commission-application-agenda/

The buildings may not be tall, for some good winter views, but once the trees fill many of those disappear.

spfld_expat
    spfld_expat
    Participant

I think this is a fantastic plan. Biergarten at Schmidts is a no-brainer for me. The German Village scenery is beautiful enough in and of itself to make the project worthwhile regardless of how much of the downtown skyline is visible.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION