Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Skyview Towers Apartments on Sawyer Blvd.

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Skyview Towers Apartments on Sawyer Blvd.

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 323 total)
  • Author

groundrules
    Participant

gayman91 said:
    And I am leaving this thread because it is no longer about Skyview towers and I was just defending the place I call home also the information about the generators is true because I am a maintenance man and have worked at other properties I do not however work for Skyview towers and I wish people would just get a life other than posting things on this thread that are not true or that they are not aware of the situation and yes a generator powered by natural gas does in fact produce exhaust similar to a car or a furnace or hot water heater.

but if you believe that a generator runs because of a pilot light, someone’s been blowing wind up your exhaust pipe.

inthesticks

mis-interested said:
    is there no other way to enter this building..or exit.. aside from the front doors in the middle?

Each tower has a front entrance as well…off to the sides, near the inside mailboxes. From either of these entrances, you can skip the lobby, check your mail, then go straight to the elevators. There are also two back entrances, each will let you into the back hallway, which circles the middle of the building and ends up in/near the lobby. From the back entrances, you can access the fitness rooms, the tv lounge, the billiard room or the laundry room.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

This place has a billiard room!? What’s next, a playboy themed grotto and on site cobbler?

DR
    Participant

CU Happy Hour in the Billiard room next month? I want to meet the lobby sitters!

cheap

i bet they play strip euchre at night in the lobby

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Do the billiard tables have pilot lights or hepatitis?

Rockmastermike
    Participant

Snarf said:

That’s the grotto.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Snarf said:

I’m a maintenance man. I can confirm that billiard tables DO NOT have pilot lights.

well.. all ive done so far is get my keys but today was quite different than the other times ive hung around. coming from the quarry, I def have to say that the demographics of my environment will be dramatically different living in skyview.

KimB1991

I’m a current resident trying to get out! When I moved in a last year it seemed all right, but the drugs that run through these buildings is a little bit ridiculous, and with the security gates someone could easily walk through them. Also the walk-through gate to get on the grounds the hinge is constantly broken. There are around 7-8 people that sit in the lobby through the entire night and it can get a little bit ridiculous, if you walk through to get to the laundry area you get some of the dirtiest stares that I have ever seen. The heating has a major issues during the winter and if you are on an upper floor… Well lets just say you would wish it would just snow inside… Not to mention that, but the kitchens in the units are really small you only have 1 foot of counter space, and it’s in a corner so it’s rather hard to use, although some how if you try hard you can manage it. There aren’t any close by stores for those that are still wondering that don’t know… There’s a giant eagle on neil ave, the kroger on main and a save-a-lot on main also. You only have the corner stores, and though they have most of what you need their prices aren’t the best. If you want to order anything out, not many places deliver and if they do… they won’t after 8pm and that should say something about the area that they are in. As far as plumbing in the towers, hot water, while it’s their don’t plan on being able to take a long shower as if ANYONE in the tower that you are in flushes while you are in there… you will only get straight hot water, and it won’t go back to being decent(the hint… there will be a pressure change before you get burned). When I first moved here it being my first apartment I loved it, but now I’m happy that I’ll be leaving… I’ve had to deal with the smell of pot coming into my apartment daily and being hard to get rid of. There isn’t much space at all… and even though all utilities are included you can get a much better deal even if you have to pay those on your own. Though if you think you handle any of the problems, be my guest to move here… after all it is rather close to downtown… 20min walk, which wasn’t bad. Do not walk out at night though…. I don’t leave a good review because there isn’t that much that is good here….

Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant

KimB1991 said:
    I’m a current resident trying to get out! When I moved in a last year it seemed all right, but the drugs that run through these buildings is a little bit ridiculous, and with the security gates someone could easily walk through them. Also the walk-through gate to get on the grounds the hinge is constantly broken. There are around 7-8 people that sit in the lobby through the entire night and it can get a little bit ridiculous, if you walk through to get to the laundry area you get some of the dirtiest stares that I have ever seen. The heating has a major issues during the winter and if you are on an upper floor… Well lets just say you would wish it would just snow inside… Not to mention that, but the kitchens in the units are really small you only have 1 foot of counter space, and it’s in a corner so it’s rather hard to use, although some how if you try hard you can manage it. There aren’t any close by stores for those that are still wondering that don’t know… There’s a giant eagle on neil ave, the kroger on main and a save-a-lot on main also. You only have the corner stores, and though they have most of what you need their prices aren’t the best. If you want to order anything out, not many places deliver and if they do… they won’t after 8pm and that should say something about the area that they are in. As far as plumbing in the towers, hot water, while it’s their don’t plan on being able to take a long shower as if ANYONE in the tower that you are in flushes while you are in there… you will only get straight hot water, and it won’t go back to being decent(the hint… there will be a pressure change before you get burned). When I first moved here it being my first apartment I loved it, but now I’m happy that I’ll be leaving… I’ve had to deal with the smell of pot coming into my apartment daily and being hard to get rid of. There isn’t much space at all… and even though all utilities are included you can get a much better deal even if you have to pay those on your own. Though if you think you handle any of the problems, be my guest to move here… after all it is rather close to downtown… 20min walk, which wasn’t bad. Do not walk out at night though…. I don’t leave a good review because there isn’t that much that is good here….

Yea, my life was pretty much hell for the year that I lived at Skyview..management told me the water would be fixed 2 weeks after I moved in and I guess its still not fixed. The price might sound right but I would not suggest anyone move here..Im not a hard person to please but this place had to many issues to handle.

inthesticks

Stephen43215 said:
    Yea, my life was pretty much hell for the year that I lived at Skyview..management told me the water would be fixed 2 weeks after I moved in and I guess its still not fixed. The price might sound right but I would not suggest anyone move here..Im not a hard person to please but this place had to many issues to handle.

I agree, and I am glad that I’m not the only resident who thinks that Skyview Towers is woefully lacking in many things.
    Oh, and as the temperatures are getting warmer outside, don’t expect things to cool off inside Skyview anytime soon. Residents have no say in whether to warm or cool their own apartments. And officially, the a/c won’t be turned “on” until sometime mid-April. Yet, on warm days, Skyview becomes a sweltering concrete dungeon. Laying in bed at night and sweating, even with windows open, is not my idea of Central Air…as advertised by Skyview Towers! This may not qualify as false advertising, but it is certainly “misleading” advertising.

cheap

most apt complexes that offer free heat and a/c do the same thing.

to me,that is a red flag when looking for an apartment.

Ok so after about a month of living here (transplant from the Quarry) this is my review:

Pros: I am on an upper floor with a balcony and have the most amazing view of downtown Columbus. The rooms are very spacious. I never hear any of my neighbors, its very quiet. Ive been coming in and out all times of the night (when on call) and I have never felt unsafe. Parking is great, the study rooms are great, security is great. I left my car keys hanging off my car door one night and someone turned them in to security, that was a relief! Only 10 min to get to OSU.

Cons: The apartment couldve been cleaned better before I moved in, especially the restroom shower door. The kitchen and restroom are both pretty small with the kitchen counter space really lacking. Washing clothes can be a hassle at $1.75 a load if you have large loads. But in general I typically dont need more than 2. I was under the impression that the machines were credit card operated, but they are card operated in the sense that you have to buy a washcard ($5) and then add money to the card with cash. I never carry cash so that can be a hassle. Taking showers used to be a huge problem with the water becoming scalding hot unexpectedly several times; now that I have purchased an anti-scald shower head that cuts the flow of the water until it returns to the preset temperature, which takes about 10 seconds, showers are great.

Overall, I couldnt be more satisfied in making my move from the Quarry. It really cuts my budget down. I always walk in on the side of my building so I never encounter the “lobby dwellers” that seem to be mentioned a lot. Keep in mind this is only a one month review and so far things are great. I will try to make periodic posts so people will have an idea if they want to move here or not.

bman
    Participant

Life is good at Skyview.

Viewing 15 posts - 301 through 315 (of 323 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: