Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Say hello to my little friend...

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat Say hello to my little friend…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Porky
    Porky
    Participant

And maybe “hello” to your new best friend.

Pit Bull, Female, not spayed, between 8 – 12 months old.
    Tan in color with white spots on her chest, face & paws.
    She has been to my vet (no microchip) and is on a de-wormer and flea treatment. Already house trained, knows some commands, I’m teaching her some new ones now.

We have posted her picture all over the place but it seems whoever lost this girl is not trying to find her. And that’s too bad because she’s a really sweet doggie. Let someone else’s loss be your gain.

Hit me up if you are interested in meeting her or know someone who’s in the market.

Thanks for looking!

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

Oh you tempt me. Linda and I are considering getting a dog. I’ve met some really sweet pitbulls in the past.

duncanfj
    Participant

Oh you tempt me. Linda and I are considering getting a dog. I’ve met some really sweet pitbulls in the past.

I an effort to tempt you more (and to remove said temptation from me) we currently have had a pit for over a year now. He is our first pit, and we were a little nervous at first. What we should have been nervous about was how little lap space we have now. I have never met a dog who wants to cuddle more and can go from running around to asleep and dreaming faster. He also looks a lot like this girl. Seriously, don’t let the fact that she is a pit deter you.

Porky
    Porky
    Participant

Thanks duncan :)

Hey Alex, she really is an awesome dog. I would keep her myself but we have a 5 year old female Rottie that is very jealous and territorial being the only child all her life; I’m afraid she will hurt the pup.

Let me know if you are interested in meeting her. I’d be willing bring her over and let you take her for a “test run” and if it does not work out would be willing to take her back, I just want her end up in a good home. I’m off the rest of the week so any time works for me, let me know.

She’s going to make someone a great dog! I would LOVE for it to be you!

Nancy H
    Participant

In an effort to nose nudge Alex a bit… my current dog was a shelter adoptee, at about 8 months old. Although little puppies can be fun, an older puppy is A LOT LESS WORK. They are a lot easier to work with in housebreaking even if they have lived on the street most of their life. And, they already have their adult teeth so they don’t chew up shoes and such when teething.

Porky
    Porky
    Participant

Nancy is right, this dog is all set, house broken, knows “shhhh…” already, and is soaking up commands like a sponge, she’s as plug & play as they get :)

And she really is full of so much vigor, I was telling my wife that she’s like having a puppy without all the work.

L.I. to Buckeye
    Participant

Dooo iiiit!
    What a beautiful pup!

I wasn’t a dog fan until my husband convinced me to get our first (from the Franklin County Dog Shelter). Within a year, we were back for our second shelter dog.

I would have 10 if we could. Unfortunately, we learned that our two wouldn’t really allow us to adopt even one more.

Thanks for keeping her safe, Porky.

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

Linda says no.

We had a pit on the road with us at a big campout. He would bury himself under the sleeping bags to get away from the cold. He would snore exactly like a man, but it looked like no one was there.

patient_zero
    Participant

If Alex doesn’t take her, you have a good friend for your Rotweiler! The three different pits in my neighborhood are exceptionally sweet dogs and full of energy. Best wishes to you whatever you decide.

Porky
    Porky
    Participant

Hey Alex, thanks for asking!
    J, I’d love to keep her but my girl is just not warming up to her. She’s 5 and has been the only dog all her life.
    Soooo ducanfj… how can we get this dog in your home today? :)

duncanfj
    Participant

Porky, I would love to but with a four year old pit and a four year old rottie, I’m not sure my house (or my wife) can take another dog.

L.I. to Buckeye
    Participant

Porky, not sure if they can help or not, but you may want to consider contacting Central Ohio Pit Savers.
    Their website says they help rescue pits in shelters, but they might have help or advice for you if you really can’t keep that beautiful little lady.

Here’s the # from their website: 614-525-5442

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: