Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Savor Growl

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Savor Growl

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 164 total)
  • Author

Ben
    Participant

0Angle said:
    but I can’t imagine it hurts the Bells brand, and Hopslam in particular.

Not at all, quite the opposite… it brings more attention to how coveted Hopslam is.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Maybe I’ll buy all of the Bitter Dan. I need more growlers.

:)

dirtgirl
    Participant

Is a beer trading event hosted at a licensed retailer even legal?

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

I’m going to give this 5/5 piles of bullshit. I’ll never spend a dime at the Habi Mart.

vestanpance said:
    via facebook

A message to Savor Growl Customers, our neighbors and the craft beer community

For those of you that have not met me, I am Firas Habi. My wife Manal and I, are the owners of Savor Growl. Unfortunately many of you heard about our business for the first time as a result of several social media threads last week. I have monitored these threads and some very serious accusations being made about my company, employees and business practices. Initially I read these threads in shock and as time went on, with great sadness. As a small business owner I value the communities we serve. My family and I have worked hard to build a business that we could be proud of and that meets the needs of our neighbors.

I have not responded before this time because I did not believe that anyone could take these accusations seriously. Unfortunately my lack of response to this seems to have added fuel to the fire. I do want to thank many of our regular customers for voicing their support to our employees when they dropped into our stores. I also apologize for not communicating effectively to clear up this misunderstanding.

For the record, one of my employees did purchase a large quantity of Bell’s Hopslam for himself and some friends for their own consumption. None of this product was brought to my store or sold at my store. Our representative at Bell’s is aware of this as well as our distributor and other concerned parties. My employee is passionate about craft beer and Hopslam but he made an error in judgment to purchasing such a large quantity for himself. He will continue to work for me. We have learned a valuable lesson in how social media can effect the reputation of an individual and a business.

These social media threads brought some other concerns about Savor Growl to my attention and I will address any legitimate concern immediately. Our company is committed to our customers and our community so we will do everything possible to make our store the best neighborhood beer shop it can be.

For those of you that have visited us, I look forward to seeing you again. For those that have only heard about us because of the Hopslam situation, I would encourage you to drop by if you are in Clintonville. If any of our customers have suggestions on how we can better meet their needs, I encourage them share any suggestions with my employees or myself and we will follow up on each immediately.

I am sorry that I had to introduce myself to the online community due to this misunderstanding but I look forward to continuing to grow our reputation through our positive actions and commitment to our community.

Best Wishes to you all on behalf of Savor Growl.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Mister Shifter said:
    Maybe I’ll buy all of the Bitter Dan. I need more growlers.

:)

lolz

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

So when he says the employee is passionate about craft beer, I think he means to say he’s passionate about one craft beer.

Really, really passionate.

groundrules
    Participant

party at that dude’s house.

Rhododendron
    Participant

Don’t worry guys, they’ll make back whatever money they lose in a few months when they raffle off $10 a bottle VINTEGE 2012 FOUNDERS’S KBS that they’ve been storing in their garage cellaring for you.

Mercurius
    Participant

Who is opening The Market on Summit in IV; same people as Savor Growl?

Edit: Never mind-it’s, Ali Alshahal and no connection to Savor Growl.

roy
    Participant

Mercurius said:
    Who is opening The Market on Summit in IV; same people as Savor Growl?

Edit: Never mind-it’s, Ali Alshahal and no connection to Savor Growl.

According to 614 Magazine, Savor Growl is owned by Ali Alshahal’s sister Manal Alshahal and Ms. Alshahal’s husband.

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

TheCrestGastropub said:
    The Crest Gastropub would like to clarify that the owners of The Crest are not connected in any way to the ownership or management of Savor Growl.

The Crest

roy said:
    According to 614 Magazine, Savor Growl is owned by Ali Alshahal’s sister Manal Alshahal and Ms. Alshahal’s husband.

I’m confused, are they connected or no?

ashsgirl

I used to shop here because it was the most convenient stop on my way home from work. But for the last few years, even before the changeover to the name “Savor Growl,” this owner has regularly changed the price tagged on the beer to a higher price when I go to check out than what is charged on the tag. He “looks it up” and says that it was tagged incorrectly by a dollar, or else adds .50 cents to the price typed into the debit card reader than what was on the beer and pretends it was an accident. This happened over and over until I decided to stop patronizing this shop. He is a swindler! Plain and simple.

John McCollum
    Participant

I was reasonably annoyed by the buying up of the Hop Slam. I am, having made a living off graphic design for about 20 years, I’m royally pissed off about their theft of dude’s book cover.

roy
    Participant

groundrules said:
    party at that dude’s house.

Glad you brought it up: that dude! Or more to the point, the *photo* of that dude, you gotta admit the story first grew legs because the Giant Eagle-Hopslam-Savor Growl clerk photo is just so perfect, telling the story at a glance, helping non-beer geeks visualize the full indignity of what allegedly happened. But I’ve never seen the photo credited and want the backstory, who shot it and who’s the hapless SG clerk?

catnfiddle
    Participant

The original photographer posted a comment on the FB link to a fantastic blog post from Barley’s. “I took the picture. He purchased all of the available stock. He is employed by savor. Whether or not it is intended for resale is the million dollar debate.”

Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 164 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below:

Support Journalism. Drink Coffee!

We’ve partnered with our friends at Stauf’s to bring you this limited-edition coffee blend celebrating 20 years of CU! Every purchase supports our mission of serving the community award-winning local journalism!

CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE