Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Savor Growl

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Savor Growl

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 164 total)
  • Author

Mister Shifter
    Participant

(SMACKS FOREHEAD)

Seriously Savor??????

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

jdubilla said:
    Any idea on why the photos won’t actually show here? I hit “img” and then copied the flickr URL in.

Fixed. You had the page URLs in the image tags and not the actual image URLs (ending in .jpg) in there.

Rockmastermike
    Participant

wow thats blatant.

myliftkk
    Participant

Yep, you can actually see where they erased the letter “B” in “Beer” from the original. They could’ve bought the original beer images from Shutterstock (if they hadn’t spent all that money on the Hopslam obivously).

Boy, they don’t know when to quit digging, do they?

kit444
    Participant

Mister Shifter said:

(SMACKS FOREHEAD)

Seriously Savor??????

Wow. Incredibly wrong and incredibly lazy. Is it that hard to find some generic beer bottle clip art to make an original poster?

groundrules
    Participant

these dudes are pretty slow to learn the internet lesson, no?

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

So basically, these guys are just tired of owning a business I guess.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Coremodels said:
    So basically, these guys are just tired of owning a business I guess.

catnfiddle
    Participant

Wow. Now we’re hitting Shia LaBeouf levels.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

It started as somewhat comical, watching the dumb things these guys were doing and trying to pull off. Things that would make you chuckle and roll your eyes, maybe a groan.

Now it’s getting to the point where people should be straight up angry. Savor Growl is more or less shitting on the local craft beer community with their recent actions.

I’ve never been the boycott, rant & rave type of guy, but I have gotten to the point to where I wish nothing but failure for the people involved with this store.

The author of the book that they stole art from is an Ohio native, currently living in New York. The alleged Hopslam incident only hurts & disrupts the local market. It seems like the people in charge of this place either are either incredibly dumb, conniving & dishonest, or worse.. all of the above.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Just mind blowing really. Best case scenario for these guys now is they take the hit on the 80 6’s of beer and just hide it or give it away or something, taking a loss. Lose the business of every customer who tried to reserve it, lose the business of like 1/2 the craft community for the shady shit, lose a tenant of their building in The Coop, write a check to the dude they stole artwork from, and have at least issues with their Bell’s rep.

That’s the best case.

Morons.

BTW, I think its all the above. I also noticed on their page, while looking for the stolen image, that last May they were advertising the “last 24 Hopslams in Columbus”.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

For what it’s worth, today after rubbing my eyes to make sure it was real, I saw I had an email from Larry Bell, founder & president of Bell’s Brewery, asking for any information I could provide on the Giant Eagle/Savor Growl Hopslam situation. He apparently read something I posted on a popular beer message board and decided to reach out.

It can’t be good for Savor if he’s actively trying to get involved and seeking answers.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Wowzers…that’s brutal. If these guys no longer can get any Bell’s products, I can’t imagine that’d be good for business.

They seem to have taken down a bunch of the stolen images…but not all.

http://www.wherevent.com/detail/Savor-Market-Savor-Exclusive-Beer-Trading-Event

jdubilla
    Participant

Thanks for looking, Coremodels. I think they got the message and I’m glad they took most of the images down. On the bright side, it’s free marketing.

roy
    Participant

Does anyone know the relationship between Crest Gastropub and Savor Growl and the other Ali Alshahal / Abed Alshahal owned businesses? Columbus Monthly reported that the two are brothers and business partners.

Are Ali Alshahal and Abed Alshahal actually brothers and are they partners in all these businesses (Savor Growl, Savor Market, Fourth Street, Crest etc)? Who are they and how did they get their start?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 164 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: