Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Savor Growl

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Savor Growl

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 164 total)
  • Author

MikeReed
    Participant

This place is within walking distance, but I quit buying beer there a while back. They always post these 1/2 growler coupons that suggest something other than what they mean- half off the empty bottle. Then you end up standing behind 3 people who have brought all their empties thinking the are getting 1/2 off refills. That and once they suggested a beer where the price wasn’t marked on the board and charged me $26 bucks for it. You kinda want to know when you are about to buy something that is double the typical price.

Rockmastermike
    Participant

GCrites80s said:
    That stuff better be good!

its not

Anonymous
    Inactive

geoyui said:
    Looks like Barley’s Smokehouse is joining the fray.

At the moment, well over 7,000 people saw that post. That’s one way to get traction on the facebooks.

meltsintowonder
    Participant

None of this is good. It’s just not a good way to conduct business. And when it comes to the beer community specifically, we can all appreciate that there’s only so much to go around and then it’s gone. Even with the rare releases, it’s been the norm to just charge the state minimum retail price and be done with it. Selling beer that’s not purchased through your license from the designated wholesaler is definitely illegal and what they did seems pretty obvious.

Some people won’t care and will continue to go there while others are done with them. We all know now and we can react with our dollars.

I also don’t understand why people are trying to get some type of response from Bell’s or Premium Beverage when they have nothing to do it with this other than making sure Savor doesn’t get these beers in the future.

Rockmastermike
    Participant

meltsintowonder said:
    I also don’t understand why people are trying to get some type of response from Bell’s or Premium Beverage when they have nothing to do it with this other than making sure Savor doesn’t get these beers in the future.

People hate cheaters and some folks will complain as far and wide as they can. I’m ok with that. Might not be 100% logical, but it’s understandable.

meltsintowonder
    Participant

Rockmastermike said:
    People hate cheaters and some folks will complain as far and wide as they can. I’m ok with that. Might not be 100% logical, but it’s understandable.

I’ll give you that. But I just think it’s already a headache for the folks in the supply chain trying to do the right thing so no point in piling on them as well.

People have obviously been passionate about this incident.

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Edit.

(The reddit thread was unavailable shortly. I thought it was deleted.)

Coy
    Participant

Shady business, indeed. Will be certain to not bother to stop by Savor again.

All that being said, I enjoy Hopslam, but remember better days when it wasn’t damn near $20 a sixer.
    Sigh.
    I’ve also walked into a Liquor Barn in Kentucky well after the release date of Hopslam (this was a year or two ago), and found an entire pallet of the stuff just hanging out.
    Beer connoisseurs have caused the run on Hopslam and it’s inflated price…
    Don’t get me wrong, it’s great stuff, but since I’ve had the Creeper from CBC, even Bodhi, not sure it’s worth the inflated price anymore for me.

But, Savor Growl move was total douchery, to be sure…

Mister Shifter
    Participant

Savor deleted all of my comments from their Facebook page and blocked me.

(eye roll)

MFRONE
    Participant

Beer Pulse, the biggest website for beer news, just picked up this story and sent out a link on Twitter to it’s 50,000 followers.

Matt Ellis
    Matt Ellis
    Participant

I don’t have any love for any of Ali’s businesses but it’s unfortunate that The Coop have decided to end their involvement with opening up in Clintonville (perhaps) because of this.

lazyfish
    lazyfish
    Participant

MattEllis said:
    I don’t have any love for any of Ali’s businesses but it’s unfortunate that The Coop have decided to end their involvement with opening up in Clintonville (perhaps) because of this.

how are the the two connected?

Mister Shifter
    Participant

MFRONE said:
    Beer Pulse, the biggest website for beer news, just picked up this story and sent out a link on Twitter to it’s 50,000 followers.

Too bad they accidentally forgot to post the reddit link.

Matt Ellis
    Matt Ellis
    Participant

lazyfish said:
    how are the the two connected?

The location they were going to open the restaurant was owned by the Savor peoples

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

From The Coop FB:

In light of recent developments, The Coop is terminating any and all business relationships pertaining to the “Coop Cafe”. It saddens us to abandon the prospect of serving Clintonville in this capacity. As always, we will update you here with all future developments. Thank you for your support and understanding.

Their are many factors involved, and we have no idea about the validity of any allegations towards those involved. They have been nothing but nice. We have a young and growing family, a burgeoning farm venture, and a food truck to run. We are simply trying to allocate our resources to ventures completely under our control. The food truck will see operation this year, though the schedule and location is yet to be determined

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 164 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION