Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Savor Growl

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Savor Growl

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 164 total)
  • Author

groundrules
    Participant

i think part of the problem is that the ‘admit wrong, apologize’ tactic would have a shot at working in the social media world, but it would also entail admitting to violating liquor control laws, which makes it a tough path to follow.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

groundrules said:
    i think part of the problem is that the ‘admit wrong, apologize’ tactic would have a shot at working in the social media world, but it would also entail admitting to violating liquor control laws, which makes it a tough path to follow.

good point.

I guess best case would be admit what you did wrong and eat the cost of the beer.

Hey,, look at it this way, the local corner store/liquor store taking advantage of a captive, local clientele is very urban chic, isn’t it? It’s been going on in certain neighborhoods for years….although “those” neighborhoods are probably less walkable than Clintonville.

lifeliberty
    Participant

I drive by there daily, business does not seem affected.(from what I can tell by cars in the parking lot)

ntn
    ntn
    Participant

lifeliberty said:
    I drive by there daily, business does not seem affected.(from what I can tell by cars in the parking lot)

Meh, I’m already over it. They got their public shaming and then some, I’m sure they learned a few lessons from it. I don’t wish them to lose their business over this, just a few bucks. Whatever you think of them, the store is an immense improvement over the previous.

Overall, I’d give this controversy a 2/10, behind tattoogate (4/10), SN shops selling bathsalts (6/10), and the real reason beloved Commonwealth closed (17/10).

mrsgeedeck
    Participant

Overall, I’d give this controversy a 2/10, behind tattoogate (4/10), SN shops selling bathsalts (6/10), and the real reason beloved Commonwealth closed (17/10).

+1 to this rating system ntn

Terrapin

While I certainly agree that the Dispatch did a shoddy job of reporting, what you have to keep in mind is that Giant Eagle, like a lot of retailers, has a social media policy. Said policy prevents their employees from commenting on business practices, customer purchases, and drama such as this. So, while the article is written from SG’s point of view, this is likely because no one else was able to comment.

What is unfortunate is that this resulted in the article being written in a very one-sided fashion. Because you’ve only heard one side of the story does not mean that that side is necessarily accurate. If the state does in fact come down and investigate, I am certain that the truth will come out fairly quickly. It’s certain that there’re facts that the internet as a whole does not have access to, which cameras or transaction slips will reveal. GE and SG will have no choice to reveal their hands to an official dept. Let’s just hope said investigations actually occur.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

What is the real reason Commonwealth closed? I missed that juicy news apparently..

roy
    Participant

Snarf said:
    What is the real reason Commonwealth closed? I missed that juicy news apparently..

Me too, what’s the Commonwealth story?! And White Rabbit’s status, same owners as Commonwealth, is that stick-a-fork-in-it too? Earlier this month a small business posted this disturbing report on how the owners left him with nearly a grand of unpaid seafood bills:

ianholmes January 10, 2014 6:26 pm
    Yea, I provided all the seafood for their “Pop-up” events next door while they finished White Rabbit. Erik [Till] and Lisa [Edge] failed to pay their employees and stopped returning my phone calls and texts. They owe me $994. I tried to do them a favor and help them make money before opening. We are a 2-man company and they basically crippled us with no remorse.

White Rabbit Set to Open in Brewery District in August

lattethunder
    Participant

I’m also waiting on the commonwealth story!

meltsintowonder
    Participant

vestanpance said:
    good point.

I guess best case would be admit what you did wrong and eat the cost of the beer.

I don’t think they did anything illegal until they try to sell the product.

lazyfish
    lazyfish
    Participant

now advertising on CU. Seems a good marketing strategy; get killed on a website, turn around and advertise on it. Very cynical, but me likey.

M.O.
    Participant

lazyfish said:
    now advertising on CU. Seems a good marketing strategy; get killed on a website, turn around and advertise on it. Very cynical, but me likey.

I’ve got pictures of one of their employees trying to buy a pallet full of banner ads from Barley’s .

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

pretty sure they were advertisers well before this thread.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

vestanpance said:
    pretty sure they were advertisers well before this thread.

Yep. For quite awhile now.

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 164 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: