Our City Online

Messageboard - Shopping

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Market in Italian Village

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Shopping The Market in Italian Village

Viewing 11 posts - 61 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • Author

News
    Participant

The Market Italian Village Opens for Private Party on Sunday
    July 25, 2014 12:21 pm – Walker Evans

Italian Village residents, rejoice! Your long-awaited The Market is launching with a private opening party this Sunday for attendees of the Columbus Underground Urban Living Tour from 9am to 3pm.

The day’s event includes the sampling of charcuterie, cheeses, beer and wine as well as tours of the new grocery store space from 9am to 3pm.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/the-market-italian-village-opens-for-private-party-on-sunday

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Anyone get a chance to check the place out during the Urban Living Tour on Sunday? I heard good things, but didn’t get to go myself.

Official grand opening is on Thursday!

jOHnH
    Participant

Any word on the hours of operation? Couldn’t find them on the facebook page.

fourthstreetpatio
    Participant

The Market will open officially on Thursday July 29th.
    The hours will be; Sunday-Wednesday 7am-Midnight and Thursday-Saturday 7am-1am.
    I hope this helps, cant wait to see you guys there!

Ben
    Participant

I can’t wait that long!

goldenidea
    Participant

Today’s (Tues) July 29th, so either it’s open today or it opens on Thurs

July 31st?

News
    Participant

Jul 29, 2014, 4:18pm EDT UPDATED: Jul 29, 2014, 4:43pm EDT
    First Look: Market Italian Village opens Thursday, will have ‘products you can’t find anywhere else’
    Dan Eaton
    Staff reporter – Columbus Business First

Market Italian Village is only 2,500 square feet, not that it feels like that on the inside. The rehabbed corner market at 1022 Summit Street packs an awful lot into that space – grocery store, wine and beer shop, butcher, café, plus a full restaurant and bar.

READ MORE: http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/blog/2014/07/first-look-market-italian-village-opens-thursday.html

mbeaumont
    Participant

Hours are: 7am-12am Sunday-Wednesday, and 7am-1am Thursday-Saturday.

Liner Notes
    Liner Notes
    Participant

Wow! I can’t wait to stop here on my to/from work for lunch/dinner. It looks worlds away from what was on that corner just a year ago. Great job!

groundrules
    Participant

Anyone get a chance to check the place out during the Urban Living Tour on Sunday? I heard good things, but didn’t get to go myself.

Official grand opening is on Thursday!

I stopped in. what they had looked good, but they were clearly still filling in items and working out some kinks (like figuring out how much stuff costs). All totally to be expected, stuff I suspect they’ll have ironed out by thursday. Will be nice to have a decent spot to buy good bread, good beer, stuff like that- you know, things you need to round out dinner but don’t want to get in the car for. I didn’t really check out the deli, but things looked good.

News
    Participant

First Look: The Market Italian Village
    July 31, 2014 7:20 am – Ayana Wilson

After months of construction, renovation, and experimentation, The Market Italian Village opens today at the corners of Summit Street and Third Avenue in the Italian Village. The 2,500 square foot space is simultaneously a butcher, deli counter, bakery, wine shop, café, bar, and a European-style restaurant that serves small plates for lunch and dinner that range from $7-$20.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/first-look-the-market-italian-village-aw1

Viewing 11 posts - 61 through 71 (of 71 total)

The forum ‘Shopping’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below:

Support Journalism. Drink Coffee!

We’ve partnered with our friends at Stauf’s to bring you this limited-edition coffee blend celebrating 20 years of CU! Every purchase supports our mission of serving the community award-winning local journalism!

CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE