Our City Online

Messageboard - Shopping

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

The Market in Italian Village

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Shopping The Market in Italian Village

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    Chris Sherman
    Chris Sherman
    Participant

^ Hurry! Cover it up!

Hey guys, thanks for following the progress here on CU! We’ll continue posting updates here, but you can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram as well.

Thanks for the support!

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MarketItalianVillage
    Twitter: @TheMarket_IV
    Instagram: TheMarket_IV

placebohigh
    Participant

Progress on this space is really coming along and I couldn’t be more excited. This is a huge step in the right direction for the neighborhood and I can’t wait to frequent this place often!

goldenidea
    Participant

walked by and saw it up close over the weekend. Damn, some of that old roof structure looked baaaad. I wonder if that was a surprise when they pulled off the old facade.

Though I lack photos to illustrate, it’s been rather interesting to watch construction progress on The Market lately. Once exposed, the shape of the original roof was something to behold… a kind of B-shaped profile or double arch that had subsequently been scabbed over to become the flat roof that existed when Saveway occupied the building. On the inside, Saveway had a drop ceiling so you could not look up and see the original arched roof line from the interior either. Both the roof and ceiling made it look like all was flat up there.

The work now underway on the exterior has been able to work with what was originally constructed, those two arches. When the original roof was exposed during partial removal, from a street view it all looked so old, ragged and unconformable I really wondered if they could work with it or would have to remove the entire roof and start over. Fortunately, they have not had to do that. The new carpentry work looks great!

Someone ought to grab some more exterior photos at this stage of the work. Photos on their facebook page includes one interior view of one of the arches after the drop ceiling was removed. The finished interior space is going to be exceptional with that double-arch ceiling!

Hey guys, it’s been awhile since we’ve posted an update on CU, but hopefully you’ve been following us on Facebook. If not, we’re really getting into the final stages of getting open.

Our interior framing is all done. Today we worked on getting our insulation in place. Windows should be going in this week or next.

We hope to have all construction finished in the next 8 weeks or so, and then be open not too long after that.

Here’s a link to our Facebook page where we’ve been posting updates. Let us know if you have any questions, we can’t wait to get open and start serving Italian Village!

https://www.facebook.com/MarketItalianVillage

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Oh, nice! Good to hear an update. I peek at the place every time I drive by, but it hadn’t looked like anything has been going on for awhile.

Thanks!

We’re getting a lot done with this gorgeous weather! Here’s an update for everyone!

The Market

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Lookin’ good!

Achekov
    Participant

Thanks for posting the recent pics of the construction progress. I saw when they stripped the old building of all the trim and I could not believe they were actually going to turn that into the bldg in renderings.

mrsgeedeck
    Participant

In recent weeks the trim has been painted and the window installation completed, as well as a red rooster figurine added to the top (still deciding if I think its gaudy or eye catching). I rode the Cbus Circulator this morning and even the bus driver was interested in when The Market will open.

NerosNeptune
    Participant

It looks really nice now.. of course infinitely better than what was there before. I’m a fan of the rooster

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Some photos via Tim Lai Architect on FB:

mbeaumont
    Participant

I love the rooster! The building is looking so amazing. This place is going to be a game changer for our street and our neighborhood. Cannot wait until they’re open.

And if you haven’t been following on Facebook, first week of July is when they’ll be open.

News
    Participant

The Market Italian Village Opening on the Fourth of July
    June 26, 2014 7:00 am – Ayana Wilson

The eastern corner of Summit Street and Third Avenue has been under construction for some time. Formerly a convenience pit stop for beer, cigarettes, and snacks, a new 3,500 square feet market is set to open at 1022 Summit Street this July.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/the-market-italian-village-opening-on-the-fourth-of-july-aw1

News
    Participant

Update: Opening End-of-July/Beginning-of-August.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 71 total)

The forum ‘Shopping’ is closed to new topics and replies.