Our City Online

Messageboard - Art Events

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Saltimbanco presented by Cirque du Soleil

Home Forums Events Art Events Saltimbanco presented by Cirque du Soleil

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

EmilyMiklos

Cirque du Soleil is pleased to return to Columbus this Summer with a new touring production. The Saltimbanco Arena Tour will make its last US stop in Columbus this Summer at the Nationwide Arena from August 12 to 23, 2009. Tickets are now available at the Nationwide Arena box office, by phone at 1 800-745-3000 or online athttp://www.cirquedusoleil.com/saltimbanco.

Saltimbanco is a signature Cirque du Soleil show with a style that borrows from theatre, dance and music and where spectacular costumes, lighting and make-up take center stage. The cast of 50 high-caliber artists hail from 20 countries and will amaze audiences with their astonishing acrobatics presented in the unique Cirque style. Full of color, amusement and amazement, Saltimbanco is a fun show for the whole family to enjoy a high intensity acrobatic spectacle.

Ticket Information:

Adults: $45 to $95

Children (12 and under): $36 to $76

Columbus Show Schedule (August 12 to 23)

Tuesday, Wednesdays and Thursdays at 7:30 p.m.

Friday and Saturdays at 3:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.

Sundays at 1 p.m. and 5 p.m.

*There will be no performances on Friday, August 14.

misskitty
    Participant

YAY I love Cirque du Soleil.

Coreroc

Nice! thatnks for the post and I truly hope to make it. I have seen one performace live in San Francisco and would love to see another.

Tenzo
    Participant

I went Thursday last week and got first row tickets for $27!

What a deal.

somehow I always knew ticketmaster’s idea of ‘best seat available’ was bullshit.

enzo
    Participant

OMG……I just heard about this and am sooooooo excited and happy!!!! I absolutely adore Cirque du Soleil….my favorite!!

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

Tenzo wrote >>
    I went Thursday last week and got first row tickets for $27!
    What a deal.
    somehow I always knew ticketmaster’s idea of ‘best seat available’ was bullshit.

It’s likely because front row is really not the best vantage point for most Cirque shows. The best viewing is in the center about halfway back to really take in the whole stage…more so with the resident shows than with the travelling shows, but I’ve found that area to usually be the best and most $$$. However, it’ll rock your socks wherever you are. I need to snag tix for this…Saltimbanco is one I haven’t seen yet. Saweeeet.

Tigertree

Is that true, can others confirm? We are seriously about to buy our tickets to finally see Love next time we’re in Vegas and were excited by the cost of the second row seats (still over 200 bucks for the pair, ouch) should we go further back?

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

Tigertree wrote >>
    Is that true, can others confirm? We are seriously about to buy our tickets to finally see Love next time we’re in Vegas and were excited by the cost of the second row seats (still over 200 bucks for the pair, ouch) should we go further back?

I’ve seen 2 resident shows and 4 travelling shows. I’d really go about halfway back but stay in the center. For my last two travelling shows I did the VIP package (which is freakin awesome if they offer it)and that’s where the VIP seating was both times. Lemme check out the seating chart for this one, and I’ll tell you where I would aim. I mean it’s cool to be up close and you wouldn’t have a bad time, but there is SO much going on all over the stage in these shows and you just can really take it all in so much better from a bit further back.

I’ve always heard that if there is any event/show to do VIP for, it’s a Cirque du Soleil show.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

ColumbusLivePhoto wrote >>
    I’ve always heard that if there is any event/show to do VIP for, it’s a Cirque du Soleil show.

The last ones I did were UNREAL. You get early access to this entirely separate tent where there are smaller scale performances, food, open bar…amazing. You get to retreat there during intermission and after the show too. It’s like another world inside that VIP tent. You get goodie bags with cool stuff too. I’m looking at the Nationwide Arena setup though, and close might work ok. It looks like they have the seating pushed back from the stage some. I’ve never seen it in the arena…kinda sad they are doing it there…the outdoor giant tent was kinda amazing. Oh hell…I’m supposed to be looking at the Love seating chart aren’t I. Dammit…hold on.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

Okie dokie.
    If I were you…and looks like these are all the same priced tix anyway…I’d go for the back of the first green section around the stage or the first row of green behind that aisle. Aisle seats are kinda cool because the performers in all the shows I’ve seen generally do some roaming…it’s cool when they get close to ya.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Circus in the city – A theatrical metropolis comes to life, going beyond the typical three-ring spectacle
    Sunday, August 9, 2009 3:13 AM
    BY MICHAEL GROSSBERG
    THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH

Allegory and acrobatics bring a bustling urban landscape to life in Saltimbanco.

The longest-running production by Canada’s Cirque du Soleil was conceived and directed by Franco Dragone in 1992 to highlight the brighter qualities of cities.

The show, opening Wednesday in Nationwide Arena, blends flying, jumping, balancing, clowning, singing, theatrical scenes and city characters.

“Saltimbanco is an exploration in urbanization,” said Richard Dagenais, senior artistic director in charge of the tour.

READ MORE

Just ordered some floor seats, pretty siked. Never been before.

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

EmilyMiklos wrote:

[b]Out from under the big top[/b]
    Cirque du Soleil will return to Columbus this Wednesday for the final US stop of its touring production Saltimbanco. The tour will be at Nationwide Arena through Aug. 23.

Saltimbanco is a signature Cirque du Soleil show with a style that borrows from theatre, dance and music and where spectacular costumes, lighting and makeup take center stage. With 53 artists from 17 countries, Saltimbanco portrays the evolution of anonymous masses to unique individuals in a colorful urban setting.

As Cirque du Soleil’s most family friendly show, Saltimbanco is full of the high flying acrobatics and incredible strength, gymnastics and dance performances Cirque du Soleil is known for worldwide. Acts include trapeze performers, an acrobatic bicycle performance, bungee performers, and the Russian Swing where artists are catapulted up to 30 feet in the air and perform stunning aerial jumps before landing on their feet or atop a human pyramid!

Since its world premiere in 1992, Saltimbanco has toured the world and thrilled more than 10 million people on five continents. For 14 years, the show performed in the trademark Cirque du Soleil big top. In 2007, Saltimbanco embarked on a new arena tour across North America.

After its stop in Columbus, the show will head to Stockholm, Sweden to begin its European tour in September.

Ticket information:

Get your tickets by calling 1-800-745-3000 or online at http://www.cirquedusoleil.com.

Tickets range from $ 45 to $ 95 for adults and $ 36 to $ 76 for children (12 and under).

Show schedule:

Wednesday, August 12 – 7:30 p.m.

Thursday, August 13 – 7:30 p.m.

Saturday, August 15 – 7:30 p.m.

Sunday, August 16 – 1 p.m. and 5 p.m.

Tuesday, August 18 – 7:30 p.m.

Wednesday, August 19 – 7:30 p.m.

Thursday, August 20 – 7:30 p.m.

Friday, August 21 – 3:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.

Saturday, August 22 – 3:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.

Sunday, August 23 – 1 p.m. and 5 p.m.

alison

Wheee! Just lucked into a free ticket for tonight — can’t wait!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

The forum ‘Art Events’ is closed to new topics and replies.

KEEP LOCAL JOURNALISM HEALTHY.

Local journalism is more important than ever. Please take a moment to read a bit about our mission and consider financially supporting our cause.

CLICK HERE