Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Safest and best path to walk across Columbus?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A Safest and best path to walk across Columbus?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author

Bear
    Participant

You’re nowhere near me… but you’ll be walking past Creole Kitchen on Mt Vernon. Highly recommended, truly delicious food, and the chef, Henry Butcher, who’s also behind the counter working the register most of the time, is one of the nicest guys you’re ever going to meet. If you want to see the city and not just pass through it, you could do a lot worse than to stop in, have a bite and meet him and his staff.

Porky
    Porky
    Participant

+1
    Now I want some of his crawfish etouffe for lunch :D

BCNation
    Participant

I walked long ways the last two Saturdays:

1) Olde Towne East (Bryden/Town to 3rd; 3rd to Chestnut; Chestnut to High; High to Buttles; Buttles to Neil; Neil to 3rd; 3rd to Michigan; Michigan to 5th; 5th to Battelle; Battelle to King; King to Cannon; Cannon to Lincoln Tower, and up the stairs and by the Field House) to Ohio Stadium (2+ hours) and (Cannon to Medical Center Drive to 8th; 8th to Michigan; Michigan- GO BLUE to 1st; 1st to Harrison; Harrison to Buttles; Buttles to Goodale Park and through the park to Russell & Park; Russell to High; and High through the Short North to Downtown) (1+ hour)- after that, I was sore and “wanted a sandwich”…

2) last Saturday, I started @ Gresso’s, because I was supposed to meet people there (and ended up missing them by 30 minutes), and then I walked SOUTH on High to 104, and then NORTH on High to Chittenden (with a short deviation through the Brewery District on Front)- no pain (3.5 hours TOTAL- 1 hour to go south; and then 2.5 going north, only because of my trek to Front Street)

3) this Saturday, I don’t know where yet….plus it’s supposed to be 75-80 degrees and sunny
    ….I could end in the Short North (for Gallery Hop)

My goal in 2010 is to take long walks (at least 5 miles) through parts of the city (as long as the weather isn’t bad)

This is interesting! I’m not sure if I would necessarily go to Grove City as the turn around spot. It just feels like a giant strip mall when I go there. Instead maybe you could do a loop around the inside of 270. I would cut down to German Village after Old Towne East then Brewery District then Franklinton to Arena District, Short North, Grandview maybe head up through Upper Arlington to Clintonville to Worthington go back towards New Albany or something like that. Who says you have to do the same path there and back? I feel like you are missing some of the more visually interesting parts of Columbus by not going through some of those areas. I know there is a bike path that is next to 315.

Has anyone taken the Segway tour of Columbus? Where does that go?

BCNation
    Participant

Here’s this question- do you want to do it all in one day?

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

The forum ‘Q&A’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: