Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Sabo's Camping closed

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development Sabo's Camping closed

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

Looks like their store on Olentangy is emptied out and for lease.

Twixlen
    Participant

It’s been empty for a long while, but the sign is new. It’s a bummer – I loved it when they had camping supplies, and sold chacos, and had campers & kayaks.

billbix

Haven’t been to Cabela’s yet, but I liked the earthy feel of Sabo’s. It will be interesting to see what goes in there. It has the potential to be an unplanned anchor at Lennox.

rory
    Participant

I’m not surprised. Every time I went there they never had the item and it was really basic stuff like a ball hitch or a plug-in for trailer lights. And they had even less interest in ordering something. They were terrible.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Selection or otherwise, it was a camping store, in Columbus, in 2013, internet, etc.

futureman
    Participant

I ran across a document on the Columbus department of development website awhile back that showed they are planning on knocking down the remaining structure and adding a new building like the one facing Olentangy rd.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Anyone know what’s going in here? It looks like in the past week they’ve built a new front on the building.

(maybe there is a sign up of what’s going in, I haven’t actually gone over there)

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

OneBagTravel
    Participant

:(

I bought a kerosene lamp there once….. once.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

nice.

The center, scheduled to open in November, will have a sign on Olentangy River Road that north-bound drivers will be able to see.

The sign is up, it’s just blank right now. More pizza is always a good thing in my mind.

Brenz vs. cucinova let the battle of Olentangy rd. begin!

Gus W
    Gus W
    Participant

I’m loving all these places bringing new life to that corridor of Olentangy, mainly because they’re by me.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

I’m loving all these places bringing new life to that corridor of Olentangy, mainly because they’re by me.

From time to time when I drive down 315 through there, I can’t help but notice how so much of what’s in that area didn’t exist 10-15 years ago. Between the new retail, apartments, offices at Gowdy Field and everything at Grandview Yard, it’s pretty impressive how quickly that area has filled in.

OneBagTravel
    Participant

From time to time when I drive down 315 through there, I can’t help but notice how so much of what’s in that area didn’t exist 10-15 years ago. Between the new retail, apartments, offices at Gowdy Field and everything at Grandview Yard, it’s pretty impressive how quickly that area has filled in.

RIP Club Secrets

Guygore
    Participant

Club Secrets mysteriously burned down many many years ago. It was replaced by a mattress store ironically enough.

RIP Club Secrets

Gus W
    Gus W
    Participant

Haha, I used to pass Club Secrets all the time. Never knew the actual closing date though, because it always looked closed.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION