Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Third and Hollywood in Grandview

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Third and Hollywood in Grandview

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 301 through 308 (of 308 total)
  • Author

JonMyers
    Participant

Funny you should say that Charlie I pretty much felt the same way with the exception of the wine prices, which are outta wack.

Andrew Hall

Alec and I made a return visit.

I do like the space, though it is way too dark. They should leverage that by offering flambé dishes and fondue.

Still no vintages listed on the wine list though there was one Ohio wine.

Food was almost OK. In general, way too salty across the board. The pork chop was so salty from the brining that I could not chew on the tasty bits by the bone (which defeats the whole purpose of having a bone-in chop.) The chop was cooked nicely and did have some good pork flavor. A roasted pear and cabbage were nice accompaniments and Alec ate all the cabbage in lieu of the coleslaw with his chicken sandwich which he liked a lot more than the burger from previous. Caesar salad was not very good and had soft croutons. Grilled cheeses with ham is a good app.

It wasn’t a bad meal, but it was a really boring one. Between Whole Foods and the North Market, it is pretty easy to source as well as they do and prepare the same menu at home and better. Combine that with a less than serious interest in the wine list, I just don’t see much reason to go. The place is all the more disappointing as it is clear that it could be a lot better without much effort.

A.

avariell

Slightly off topic, but can anyone tell me is the samosas are back at the Dairy joint?!? (and… uh… where is this dairy store for those of us not in the know…) Ever since my summer trip to Barcelona, I have a serious hankering for samosas (which are available pretty much everywhere in Barcelona for a euro or less- mmmm- the perfect drunk food). I could start a new thread, but I figured this topic had already been brought up here.

michaelcoyote
    Participant

avariell wrote >>
    Slightly off topic, but can anyone tell me is the samosas are back at the Dairy joint?!? (and… uh… where is this dairy store for those of us not in the know…) Ever since my summer trip to Barcelona, I have a serious hankering for samosas (which are available pretty much everywhere in Barcelona for a euro or less- mmmm- the perfect drunk food). I could start a new thread, but I figured this topic had already been brought up here.

Sadly no, they have not returned. Those were damn good though and I miss them.

hungrywoolf
    Participant

I think the samosas at Dosa corner were pretty good – but haven’t had them for a while.

I think it would be worth starting a ‘where to find good samosas’s thread.

futureman
    Participant

Grandview’s Clay Cafe moving, clearing way for Third & Hollywood expansion
    Business First – by Dan Eaton
    Date: Wednesday, December 22, 2010

A shuffle of two Grandview Heights-area businesses is expected to pay dividends for both.

The Clay Cafe plans in January to move from its current space at 1431 W. Third Ave. to the former home of the Red Chair consignment shop at 1644 W. Fifth Ave. That move will allow the Third & Hollywood restaurant, which has shared the building with the paint-your-own pottery studio, to add a private dining room.

The restaurant also cannot accommodate parties larger than six, so adding a room that can seat 25 or more will open the space up to more business. They hope to open the expansion by next fall.

READ MORE:
    http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/news/2010/12/22/grandview-retailers-moving-expanding.html

News
    Participant

Third & Hollywood Patio Coming This Summer
    Published on February 15, 2013 10:00 am
    By: Ayana Wilson

After much demand, popular eatery Third & Hollywood has announced that they will be introducing a new 35-person patio space at their Grandview location. The new area is designed to be intimate yet accessible, an extension of what has always been a trademark of the restaurant’s ambiance – a modern spin on old-world glamour geared toward both the comfortable and the adventurous.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/third-hollywood-patio-coming-this-summer-aw1

surber17
    Participant

wow, that is going to be a great addition!

Viewing 8 posts - 301 through 308 (of 308 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: