Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Third and Hollywood in Grandview

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Third and Hollywood in Grandview

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 308 total)
  • Author

catnfiddle
    Participant

On the up side, there is a ton more parking for a second Northstar in a Grandview location, PLUS I could walk off breakfast. On the down side, I don’t think I could ever walk enough to walk off their delicious scones…

Screw the down side. Give me scones!

Brant
    Participant

So here’s the scoop: The new restaurant will be called Third and Hollywood. Looks like a nicer, polished-casual restaurant. It’s definitely a cousin of Northstar, with locally grown and organic ingredients. The remodel looks nice. They added a bunch of new booths. They’re supposed to open Tuesday, May 26th. Here’s an advance look at their menu:

Starters:
    Guacamole and Pimiento Cheese 9
    Bistro Mussels 14
    Benton’s Prosciutto & Sage Fontina Toast 12
    Little Caesar Salad 4
    Small Mixed Green Salad 4
    Cheddar Herb Biscuits 6

Sandwiches:
    Cheeseburger 13
    Hollywood Burger (bacon, Maytag bleu, caramelized onions) 16
    Corn & Black Bean Burger (Monterey jack, guacamole) 14
    Roasted Chicken Sandwich (smoked provolone, roasted red pepper, arugala) 15
    Grilled Fish Sandwich (LTO, aioli) 16

Entree Salads:
    Avacado and Chicken Caesar 15
    Nice Seared Tuna & Vegetable Salad (caper-dijon dressing, Chevre) 19
    Crowded Spinach and Herb Salad (roasted nuts, golden raisins, Parmigiano) 13
    Brown Derby Cobb (bacon, egg, tomato, bleu, chicken, avocado) 17

Features:
    Old Fashioned Chicken 18
    Righteous Grilled Pork Chop and Mashed Potatoes 24
    Vegetable Platter 14
    Mexican Skirt Steak 22
    Meatloaf and Mashed Potatoes 19
    Plank Roasted Arctic Char with Green Bean Salad 23

Desserts:
    Pecan Pie Sundae 8
    Lemon Square 8
    Fresh Mint Tisane 7

Their wine and beer selection also looks good. Bell’s Oberon, Dortmunder Gold, and Sundog Amber Ale on draft, with nary a silver bullet nor a king of beers in sight.

HighLife
    Participant

Is it just me, or is $13 pretty steep for a cheeseburger?

I’ll definitely be checking this place out, but it doesn’t look like I’ll be able to afford to eat there very often…

Brant
    Participant

Yeah, $13 is pretty steep. But I guess that’s the price you pay for eating a happy cow.

hobbesOSU

Their wine and beer selection also looks good. Bell’s Oberon, Dortmunder Gold, and Sundog Amber Ale on draft, with nary a silver bullet nor a king of beers in sight.

Too bad, as I always think of the king of beers as a local beer.

Core_Models

13-16 dollars for sandwiches is fucking insane. Good luck to them, but it won’t be my dime.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Core_Models wrote >>
    13-16 dollars for sandwiches is fucking insane. Good luck to them, but it won’t be my dime.

That is nucking futs. You’d pretty much have to be a organic kool aid sucking yuppie freak to pay that much for a sandwich.

Hael

Snarf wrote >>

Core_Models wrote >>

That is nucking futs. You’d pretty much have to be a organic kool aid sucking yuppie freak to pay that much for a sandwich.

Or live in Manhattan.

Memo to Restaurants charging $13 for a cheeseburger and efficiency sized downtown condos on the market for half a mill…This is freaking Columbus Ohio!

Core_Models

I want to know what an 8 dollar lemon square tastes like…

chaptal
    Participant

I don’t care how righteously grilled that pork chop is, twenty four bucks is a sin!

Brant
    Participant

I dunno. Northstar charges $12 for their veggie burger, and $13 for their pulled pork sandwich. They don’t seem to be hurting for customers.

Core_Models wrote >>

you can eat it for dessert after a bowl of soup from Northstar for 7.5

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

Core_Models wrote >>

I wanna know what love eeeeeeeeeeeeees…I want you to show meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
    Sorry…I’d have posted the vid, but youtube is blocked at work.
    Furthermore, I make badass lemon squares. You can pay me $8 for them if you’d like. :)

Andrew Hall

I am the last person to make price assessments, but those listed are screwy.

14$ (Mussels) is more than any appetizer @ Rosendale’s. And 6$ more than mussels @ G. Michael’s.

Both the chicken and salmon are just 4$ < comparable @ Rosendale’s or Refectory. Pork is the same price as Handke’s. (was) And Spagio’s nearby has Berkshire pork entrees for 5$ less.

And for laughs, that burger is just shy of 2x going down the street for karaoke or trivia. And Magic Hat.

Either they are carving out a really ambitious goal of quality/environs/service or they are pricing for what they hope is brand loyalty/Northstar vibe. I got no problems with the price point, but they have to deliver equal or better than what else is out there. I don’t think they are up to it, even in a “polished-casual” setting.

And the final item – “tisane” is just an infusion of leaves. ie 7$ for mint tea!

A.

So with a little hike, could you really have the following?

Recession Special
    Cup of tea
    Bowl of soup
    lemon bar

for 22.50?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 308 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: