Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Third and Hollywood in Grandview

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Third and Hollywood in Grandview

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 308 total)
  • Author

HighLife
    Participant

I heard a rumor that Northstar may be opening a location in Grandview, in the space formerly occupied by E.J.’s Canyon Cafe (which used to be Gibby’s just a couple years ago).

Can anyone confirm or deny?

shmack

EJ’s is closed?

EJ’s was open last week.

michaelcoyote
    Participant

columbus native wrote EJ’s was open last week.

I guess we can confirm it’s not in the “old” EJ’s space… :-)

EDIT: Whoops, spoke too soon!

HighLife
    Participant

E.J.’s closed on Wednesday, May 7. I live across the street from the place and it’s definitely closed. It’s a real bummer because I LOVED that place – especially the huge fireplace in the winter – and now there’s only one place (the Cafe) to get a draft beer on the Grandview strip.

I love restaurants like Vino Vino and Spagio, but most of the time I only have enough in the budget for beer and wings.

Mercurius
    Participant

HighLife wrote E.J.’s closed on Wednesday, May 7. I live across the street from the place and it’s definitely closed. It’s a real bummer because I LOVED that place – especially the huge fireplace in the winter – and now there’s only one place (the Cafe) to get a draft beer on the Grandview strip.

I love restaurants like Vino Vino and Spagio, but most of the time I only have enough in the budget for beer and wings. meander down first ave and you will run into Luck Bros Coffee and Marshall’s- the new strip 8)

clark909

That would be great news. The SN location is too crowded most weekend mornings, and the former Gibby’s spot would offer a nice patio. EJ’s closed sometime last week, according to the Dispatch.

Brent

I love Marshall’s. Cheap-ass PBR pitchers, great barstaff, an the risk of falling into the Koi tank make for a good time.

michaelcoyote
    Participant

Mercurius wrote meander down first ave and you will run into Luck Bros Coffee and Marshall’s- the new strip 8)

Never went to Marshall’s for dinner, but they had a nice “greasy spoon” breakfast when I lived down there and with all the “Luck Bros” love going on, it won’t be long till I have to go visit.

If you don’t want to go down the hill there’s always Johnnie’s Glen Ave. if you’re poor and thirsty :-)

Anonymous
    Inactive

Marshall’s has the best pancake in Columbus. Try to eat 3 and you will actually die…they’re stoopid huge.

EJ’s did close May 7. He’s a great guy and is helping w/wife’s catering business until he figures out what he wants to do next. I still see him around, and he’a always smiling (and he wasn’t that way so much pre-close).

Northstar? I cannot confirm, but will never deny. ;)

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

The Dispatch wrote • Another entry for the obit file: E.J.’s Canyon Cafe, 1433 W. 3rd Ave.

http://www.columbusdispatch.com/live/content/business/stories/2008/05/20/REST_0520.ART_ART_05-20-08_C10_MBA8DUI.html?sid=101

Angel

i miss marshalls already :(

old bag is right next to it too!

grandview has the best bars.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Marshall’s is ok, prices are pretty good, but that decor kills me. It just feels so cheap when I walk in, and not cheap like an old dive bar, but cheap as in a brand new MI vinyl sided home.

somertimeoh
    Participant

Angel wrote i miss marshalls already :(

old bag is right next to it too

grandview has the best bars, but I haven’t been out much so my perspective is limited.

Fixed that for you :lol:

Angel

oh shut it somer. i’m working on it!

my best friend just moved back and has a house in italian village so between you and her, i’ll have somewhere to crash this summer :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 308 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION