Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Rubino's Pizza is the Best in Ohio???

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Rubino's Pizza is the Best in Ohio???

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

Senator Tankerbell
    Participant

According to this article it is:

https://www.thrillist.com/eat/nation/the-best-pizza-in-every-state-in-america

Obviously articles like this are a dime a dozen on the interwebs, but I thought I’d get opinions. If it really is that good I need to get over there.

theadocj
    Participant

If you love very thin, crispy pizza that has the little pepperonis that curl up and hold the grease for you, then yes, it is the best. If you like trendy gourmet pizza or thick-crust, then no you would not agree it is the best. I think it’s the best thin crust pizza FWIW.

OneBagTravel
    Participant

It sure is unique in the style of ultra flat/crispy crust. When it comes to uniqueness award it would either be Rubino’s or Dicarlo’s for me.

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

I am torn on naming a “best,” but it is THAT good. If you are eating it for the first time, DO NOT get carry out. It’s best eaten right when served because the crust is so super thin. I also prefer extra cheese at Rubinos as they do a pretty sparse standard application. My opinion is that pep and sausage and extra cheese is the way to go there. I also like it well done which makes it mega crispy like a cracker. The sausage is sliced really thin in these big rectangles and is really good. Also I think they are still cash only, so bring money dollars.

Now I want some Rubinos. Damn.

pedex
    Participant

Carlucci’s on Smoky Row in Powell. Their crust is as about as close to a cracker-pastry as you can get. Stone ovens cooked the old fashioned way.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

If you love very thin, crispy pizza that has the little pepperonis that curl up and hold the grease for you, then yes, it is the best.

That sounds like Tommy’s

Porky
    Porky
    Participant

I love thin, cracker like crust and nobody does it better than Rubino’s.

HarveyWallbanger
    Participant

It is hands down my favorite in town, but I’m huge into pizza and appreciate different styles (Harvest is another one of my regular stops)

Gus W
    Gus W
    Participant

Is Rubino’s still cash only?

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>theadocj wrote:</div>
    If you love very thin, crispy pizza that has the little pepperonis that curl up and hold the grease for you, then yes, it is the best.

That sounds like Tommy’s

It is. In fact, the UA People talk about Tommy’s like this conversation about Rubino’s.

Personally, its not my bag. I’ll get a Planks on Parsons or a Bono or a Harvest over either of them any day.

scarletandgrey
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>theadocj wrote:</div>

That sounds like Tommy’s

That’s what I thought

Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

I like Tommy’s too. But Tommy’s and Rubino’s are definitely not the same. Tommy’s is practically thick crust compared to Rubino’s. They are both worth eating repeatedly.

wpcc88
    Participant

It sure is unique in the style of ultra flat/crispy crust. When it comes to uniqueness award it would either be Rubino’s or Dicarlo’s for me.

you had me at DiCarlo’s but the best one isn’t even located in Ohio fwiw.. Rubino’s sausage is on point though and custom made

wpcc88
    Participant

Is Rubino’s still cash only?

yes and you better be sure you know what you want and how to order

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

yes and you better be sure you know what you want and how to order

??

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: