Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Roof top dining in Columbus?

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Roof top dining in Columbus?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 61 total)
  • Author

Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Still waiting on the list of other restaurants.

Feel free to provide links if that’s an easier format.

Or feel free to admit that you were wrong if that’s easier too.

Thanks!

Antonio

Walker wrote >>
    Thanks!

How many months was ZEN SUSHI open ?

http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/X5PWD0Butw1mvtZ8-PTc_w?select=YLLggoAq6FaHPbn-PqIPfQ

Thanks !!

Paul
    Participant

Walker wrote >>
    Thanks!

Walker, this reminds me of the time I asked you for a list of restaurants to back-up a ridiculous statement you made.

TeeJaye’s on Dublin Road is closed

Andrew Hall

Antonio wrote >>

Walker wrote >>
    Thanks!

Thanks !!

At least two years. And the build-out there was not likely over a million dollars.

You simply don’t know what you are talking about. Admit you made a wild exaggeration (again) to make some point and move on.

A.

Antonio

Andrew Hall wrote >>

Antonio wrote >>

Walker wrote >>
    Thanks!

Thanks !!

At least two years. And the build-out there was not likely over a million dollars.
    You simply don’t know what you are talking about. Admit you made a wild exaggeration (again) to make some point and move on.
    A.

You have no concept as to how expensive with equipment and furnishing a restarant is, then licenses, inspections, hiring, staffing and training before that first customer that walks through the doors and pays for a meal.

Hardly wild at all, you have no idea at what you’re talking about.

Andrew Hall

Antonio wrote >>

Andrew Hall wrote >>

Antonio wrote >>

Walker wrote >>
    Thanks!

Thanks !!

A.

You have no concept as to how expensive with equipment and furnishing a restarant is, then licenses, inspections, hiring, staffing and training before that first customer that walks through the doors and pays for a meal.
    Hardly wild at all, you have no idea at what you’re talking about.

Perhaps, but I do know that ‘a lot’ means more than two examples (that don’t actually fit the criteria given.)

A.

Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Paul wrote >>

I was wrong. You were right. Downtown died when Tee Jaye’s turned into Rancho Alegre. (Which I love! Have you been there? Let’s meetup there the next time you’re in town and you can bring up all sort of grudges that you have against me. Will be fun!)

Paul
    Participant

Ah, Walker. You seem to have trouble re-reading the thread.

Paul wrote >>

There goes the last late night sit-down restaurant within any proximity to downtown.

Walker wrote >>

That’s a very irresponsible and false statement to make.

Walker, since I am so irresponsible and wrong, could you please enlighten us as to these secret havens of late night dining you’ve kept from us?

Sit down means I sit at a table and a waitress takes my order.

Late night means open after 2:00AM

I’ll even extend downtown to include nearby areas, so for the purposes of this exercise, please list 3 restaurants that fit the criteria and are located:

South of 5th Ave, East of Grandview Ave, North of Thurman, West of Ohio.

That gives you a huge chunk of Grandview, all of Victorian Village, all of German Village, all of the Brewery District, all of the Arena District, all of the Short North, all of downtown proper, and several other outlaying uncategorized areas.

You can’t use the the Teejays on Parsons that Core already mentioned.

Go for it:

1. _______

2. _______

3. _______

You made a ridiculous statement.

I asked for a list of restaurants to back up that statement.

You never provided a list of restaurants. You attacked my position, but had no evidence to back your attack.

I would love to check out Rancho Alegre. It sounds like El Vaquero has some competition on that stretch of Dublin Road now.

cyclist II
    Participant

I spent about 1.3 million opening Captain Cream Cheese, and closed after six months.

Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Paul wrote >>
    Ah, Walker. You seem to have trouble re-reading the thread.
    You made a ridiculous statement.
    I asked for a list of restaurants to back up that statement.
    You never provided a list of restaurants. You attacked my position, but had no evidence to back your attack.

Since you seem to still be upset about this three years later…

My “ridiculous statement” was that your statement about Tee Jaye’s closing being the last restaurant open late was false. I didn’t state anything other than that. I was incorrectly under the impression that “open late” meant kitchen service beyond normal dinner hours (after 10pm). You then asked for a list of restaurants open beyond 2am, to which I pretty clearly responded:

“I have no problem admitting that the options are very limited within the defined parameters provided.”

I’m not sure what else you’re referring to with a “ridiculous statement”. It’s not like I declared “Downtown is now dead” or anything ridiculous like that.

Walker Evans
    Keymaster

cyclist II wrote >>
    I spent about 1.3 million opening Captain Cream Cheese, and closed after six months.

Cyclist wins the thread!

Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Antonio wrote >>

Walker wrote >>
    Thanks!

http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/X5PWD0Butw1mvtZ8-PTc_w?select=YLLggoAq6FaHPbn-PqIPfQ
    Thanks !!

Zen Sushi was not located in the Short North.

You’re batting .000 on this one.

MichaelC
    Participant

Not that I would want to support Antonio, but for the sake of moving the conversation forward a smidge, here are some Short North restaurants I can think of that have closed in recent years:

> Liu Pon Xi, [url=http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/business/stories/2007/04/17/REST17.ART_ART_04-17-07_C1_DH6DEN8.html]cost $1.5 million to open[/url], and closed within 2 years

> Bluefish + Paul Liu’s place opened in the same space as Liu Pon Xi a month after Liu Pon Xi closed…and it has since been replaced by Sushi Rock, which presumably is doing well

> The aforementioned Rosendale’s

> R.J. Snapper’s…though it opened in the 1970s

> Benevolence

On the other hand, there are many new places that are, at least, doing well enough to persist:

> Deep Wood
    > Knead
    > Bernard’s
    > Marcella’s
    > Hyde Park
    > Sushi Rock
    > Black Olive
    > Hubbard Grille (still stretching its legs, obviously)
    > Tasi Cafe
    > Basil
    > Barrel 44

Etc., etc.

Dining in the short north is thriving. To suggest that “a lot” of restaurants have opened and closed in recent years is a simple fabrication at worst, and misleading hyperbole at best.

To veer directly back on topic, it would be wonderful if a restaurant opened up in the area that had rooftop dining. Perhaps that’d be something for the Pizzuti Co. to think about as it continues refining its boutique hotel design.

DCist

Thanks Michael C, I think the Pizutti idea would work, especially since they have millions! :)

DCist

Walker wrote >>

Antonio wrote >>

Walker wrote >>
    Thanks!

Thanks !!

Zen Sushi was not located in the Short North.
    You’re batting .000 on this one.

And Walker Ive never seen you so sassy before! Nice work!

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 61 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.