Our City Online

Messageboard - Everyday Chit Chat

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Rogue ex-cop targeting LAPD

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Everyday Chit Chat Rogue ex-cop targeting LAPD

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author

bucki12

I imagine they will settle this out of court to avoid more bad press. I think those women can quit their paper route.

Bear
    Participant

Snarf said:
    Boy the LAPD really wants this “snitch” dead. A 1 million dollar bounty? What is this, Smokin Aces?

And Obama’s drones are after him even?

What happened to innocent until proven guilty? The right to a fair trial? Etc.

I’m pretty sure the drones are being used to locate him—to look for a (large) human heat signature in the mountains.

bastardsuperstar
    Participant

LA Times is reporting they have him surrounded in a cabin after he attacked more cops this afternoon…

bjx
    Participant

Other than the killing people part, he seemed like a really nice guy. Had he planned out his exit-strategy more carefully, the LAPD would’ve gotten his Manifesto postmarked from a Brazilian post office…

Police: Body found in cabin in hunt for Dorner

bjx
    Participant

Laugh. Out. Loud.

RIP, Bro. Hopefully, you didn’t kill and die in vain.

hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant

I wonder how long it will take the coroner to make a positive ID of the remains fiund in the burned out cabin. It seems like the LAPD SWAT team was involved in the final siege. I have read reports that the LAPD used smoke canisters with the intent of starting a fire to burn him out rather than wait him out.

I remember a case about 8 years ago where a prisoner escaped, killed a judge and one or more other courthouse enployees then took off. He was eventually captured alive.

We need to be very careful about the early reports about the final confrontation, but it really looks like the LAPD wanted him dead at all costs. The final shoot out and fire, after seeing the crazy shootings of innocent people who had the bad luck to be driving pickup trucks, makes the LAPD look like a gang of wild vigilantes.

myliftkk
    Participant

Well, there was another ex-LAPD officer that just came forward corroborating a lot of things he said about that department.

It’s pretty much a given the LAPD has had veritable laundry list of issues. Generating vigilante ex-cops seems to be a new one to add to it.

Pickerington_Kyle
    Participant

This is one of the first reports in my era that I have ever heard of cops literally trying to stop a guy at all costs. I’m afraid if this dude was in a mall the cops would think twice about other people and just try and take this dude down.

hugh59
    hugh59
    Participant

Pickerington_Kyle said:
    This is one of the first reports in my era that I have ever heard of cops literally trying to stop a guy at all costs. I’m afraid if this dude was in a mall the cops would think twice about other people and just try and take this dude down.

No doubt you would get something along the lines of, “I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure.”

drew
    Participant

I’m with y’all, and it really bothers me that there hasn’t been much critical media attention given to how the LAPD has acted in pursuing Dormer. I mean, c’mon – the police are gunning for this guy so hard that they don’t even check to see who is occupying a truck (‘It’s a truck? Must be him! Lets fuck it up just to be safe!’) before they riddle it with bullets. Twice! Why?

To me, that’s disgusting in ways I can’t even begin to fathom. They weren’t looking to arrest a suspect, they were looking execute him. There are constitutional (and procedural and ethical and… ) concerns, no? But to the media, this somehow seems acceptable, and they just act as a mouthpiece for whatever lame statements the LAPD barfs out. I find that depressing.

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

Snarf
    Snarf
    Participant

1:17 “Shoot the gas.” “Get the gas.”

1:23 “Burn it down.”

1:29 Police telling reporter to “Get the f*** out.”

2:51 “Burn that f***ing house down.”

3:07 “Burn it down.” “Get goin right now f***in burn this motherf***er.”

susank

The women in the truck delivery papers will each receive 2.1 million dollars plus $40k for the truck in an out of court settlement.

Viewing 13 posts - 31 through 43 (of 43 total)

The forum ‘Everyday Chit Chat’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION