Our City Online

Messageboard - Music

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Rock on the Range 2014

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Music Rock on the Range 2014

This topic contains 24 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  News 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Liner Notes
    Liner Notes
    Participant

Rock On The Range 2014 officially expands to 3 full days of the hardest rocking bands in land!

Weekend passes including Field GA, Stadium GA, hotel and VIP packages and a stadium 4-pack

go on sale Friday, January 24 at 10:00 AM (ET).

For more info visit http://www.rockontherange.com

1604550_10152586152577516_1111098027_n.jpg

groundrules
    Participant

I’m going to boycott this shit solely because they gave bigger font to Kid Rock than to Motorhead.

SSBucks
    Participant

Count me in on account of GNR (or Axl and a bunch of talented but out of place musicians). Saw them in Youngstown a couple years ago and they were awesome.

Liner Notes
    Liner Notes
    Participant

groundrules said:
    I’m going to boycott this shit solely because they gave bigger font to Kid Rock than to Motorhead.

Or Slayer for that matter. I’m looking forward to Motorhead, Mastodon, and Slayer for sure. And I’ll most likely try to catch GNR, A7X, BLS, FFDP and Jim Breur. But most of my time will be spent selling merch to Rangers.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

There was a good interview with Jim Breuer recently on Maron if you’re interested:

http://www.wtfpod.com/podcast/episodes/episode_435_-_jim_breuer

rory
    Participant

Looking forward to listening to Motorhead and Mastodon in my backyard. One of the many benefits of living in Weinland Park.

bayrea
    Participant

I am very curious about Guns N Roses.. They are one of the bands I would have loved to have seen in 1989 but I wonder if the show will hold up today? Fat Axel?

Liner Notes
    Liner Notes
    Participant

Axl is quite the character for sure.

Liner Notes
    Liner Notes
    Participant

Get your pre-sale tickets to ROTR 2014 at the link below, using the password “Ranger” from 10am today until 10pm on Thursday!

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/05004B9ED2297DE0

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

GCrites80s
    Participant

Then he drives it off the front of the stage into the crowd after a fan yells “fuck you” to him.

RBloodworth
    Participant

I normally wouldn’t go anywhere near this thing, but G-N’-F’n-R- fat, vocally-shot Axl and all- definitely piques my interest. Of course, there’s always the chance of a full-scale riot breaking out due to that lunatic flipping out and cancelling the show at the last minute, so there’s that.

ColumbusTime
    ColumbusTime
    Participant

bayrea said:
    I am very curious about Guns N Roses.. They are one of the bands I would have loved to have seen in 1989 but I wonder if the show will hold up today? Fat Axel?

Curious as well. I saw them in 1988 and 1991 (bragging). The 1991 show was the one summer (maybe more than one?) when Beulah Park was called Capital Music Center and had concerts.

Both shows were awesome. Recently read both Slash and Duff’s autobiographies, and it rekindled my interest. I am curious to hear the songs again but not convinced it would be worth seeing the current lineup.

Benefit of a festival though is if someone disappoints, hopefully the rest of the lineup won’t. Plus, good people watching.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Liner Notes said:
    Weekend passes including Field GA, Stadium GA, hotel and VIP packages and a stadium 4-pack
    go on sale Friday, January 24 at 10:00 AM (ET).

Bump! Just went on sale!

Liner Notes
    Liner Notes
    Participant

What the Rock?! is excited to be giving away tickets to ROTR 2014! Enter online AND in store. Visit http://www.whattherock.com/rockontherangecontest.html for details.

Good Luck!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

The forum ‘Music’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: