Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Rocco's Pizza Plus in Grandview

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Rocco’s Pizza Plus in Grandview

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Misplaced
    Participant

A sign went up this weekend for Rocco’s Pizza Plus on 1st & Oakland across from the Grandview Library. I assume it is related to the Bexley and Gahanna Pizza Plus shops. Anyone know when it’s scheduled to open or have other details?

cc

I have no details, but when the Massey’s sign went down my pizza induced gut sighed relief. I never thought there could be too many pizza places in one area.

Misplaced
    Participant

cc wrote >>
    I have no details, but when the Massey’s sign went down my pizza induced gut sighed relief. I never thought there could be too many pizza places in one area.

Yeah, no kidding. I hope this one is successful though because it’s a block from my house. And I bet it will be good pizza.

tolemac5050
    Participant

Today July 12 Dispatch On Restaurants article states that indeed this is part of the Pizza Plus group. Fall opening.

RoJoNo
    Participant

<placed in different thread. sorry>

AMEEKER
    Participant

Too bad they’re not in 5xNW – we could add them to the Pizza Crawl.

Misplaced
    Participant

Does anyone know if that site has a liquor license? It’s close to a school (not sure if that matters) and I can’t remember if the previous place served alcohol. Just curious.

cc

I think the last actual tenant was a coin laundry.

Misplaced
    Participant

The Rocco’s sign is on the side where Bellisari’s used to be, not the laundry. The paper said it would seat 75, so I’m not sure if it would take up the whole building or not.

Spaced Out

The Rocco’s should open around mid to late October, and it’s connected to the one in Bexley. Not sure about the booze though!

AMEEKER
    Participant

Brad from Rocco’s will be the guest chef at the Grandview Ave Farmer’s Market in Fifth by Northwest (next to the Post Office) on Sat. Sept. 17, making pizzas from market produce. The Market runs through October, so stop by – even when the other farmer’s markets have closed shop.

Also, they’ll be at the Taste of Grandview on Oct. 2.

I emailed him to ask him about the liquor lic. – will let you know when I hear something back.

http://www.roccospizzaplus.com

Misplaced
    Participant

Finally open and tried some tonight. Some of the best pie I’ve ever tasted.

ricospaz
    Participant

Pizza is pretty decent. I like it because I can walk there. They do have a good amount of tables and a tv for dining in. The pizza did heat up well, I liked it better the second day.

ColumbusTime
    ColumbusTime
    Participant

$20 for $10 Faveroo today

http://www.faveroo.com/deal

ricospaz
    Participant

They were doing $1 slices last week too. I hope it stays around!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe to the Columbus Underground YouTube channel for exclusive interviews and news updates!

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE