Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

RiverSouth District - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development RiverSouth District – News & Updates

This topic contains 70 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by dalias dalias 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 61 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

I believe this is it.

dalias
    dalias
    Participant

I believe this is it.

If so, they misplaced the dot. The dot is on the east side of the tracks north of Rich, whereas the project linked to is on the west side of the tracks and south of Rich. See also – https://www.columbusunderground.com/details-revealed-on-five-story-310-unit-mixed-use-buildings-in-east-franklinton

JMan
    Participant

We need to step up our game. What we’re doing just isn’t enough, and we lag seriously behind our peer cities.

wpcc88
    Participant

We need to step up our game. What we’re doing just isn’t enough, and we lag seriously behind our peer cities.

We are growing at a conservative, steady pace; more isn’t always better. Yes, there have been several “ooh & ahh” proposals in cities like Nashville, Cleveland, etc. But they are exactly that, proposals, we’re extremely lucky in that what gets proposed in our city gets built.

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

We have come a long way and have a long way to go.

We have to keep growing smartly, and avoid the problems that come with growth that outpaces thoughtful planning.

I think there’s still a lot of room for growth along 4th, along Main, and I assure you, pressure will keep building for the Greyhound station to either rebuild or relocate.

ohbr
    Participant

Having spent time in places with these ooh and ahhhhh factors, I can still say that the best neighborhoods in these cities are the ones growing like Italian village, short north, soon to be river south. Oohs and ahhs create great skylines but the restaurants and shops and bars you like to go to regularly aren’t going to always be found among the 40 story buildings. IMHO.

JMan
    Participant

Columbus is an overwhelmingly positive city. But we’re too often satisfied with little or nothing. Sometimes,that can be a mistake.

mbeaumont
    Participant

Columbus is an overwhelmingly positive city. But we’re too often satisfied with little or nothing. Sometimes,that can be a mistake.

Have you read the comments on CU’s Facebook posts? ;)

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Have you read the comments on CU’s Facebook posts? ;)

Not just us on Facebook… it’s all of Facebook. Go check out 10TV’s FB comments if you dare. ;)

WJT
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>MichaelC wrote:</div>
    I believe this is it.

If so, they misplaced the dot. The dot is on the east side of the tracks north of Rich, whereas the project linked to is on the west side of the tracks and south of Rich. See also – https://www.columbusunderground.com/details-revealed-on-five-story-310-unit-mixed-use-buildings-in-east-franklinton

I hope this is the case. Isn’t this the one where the city actually requested more height because of the possible views?

dalias
    dalias
    Participant

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>dalias wrote:</div>

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>MichaelC wrote:</div><br>
    I believe this is it.

I hope this is the case. Isn’t this the one where the city actually requested more height because of the possible views?

I do not recall them pushing for height, but I do recall them expressing dismay over the lack of any orientation towards the river other than parking lots. I could not have agreed more with their dismay.

Viewing 11 posts - 61 through 71 (of 71 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.