Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

RiverSouth District - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development RiverSouth District – News & Updates

This topic contains 70 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by dalias dalias 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 71 total)
  • Author
    MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

The Wall Street development and design is something I hope comes to fruition, in particular.

Jason Powell
    Jason Powell
    Participant

This is one of those areas of downtown where I would not mind seeing a bit more height. Maybe something resembling housing in downtown Seattle, where it has that step up effect – the building to the rear is taller to provide views of the water. I realize developers can build almost at any height that they want but I’d like to see it encouraged.

MichaelC
    MichaelC
    Participant

There are three residential buildings with height going up in the neighborhood as we speak, with a fourth–Casto’s converted shoe factory–being renovated into one.

Definitely a good start.

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

the building to the rear is taller to provide views of the water.

So if you’re in the taller building and your view includes the roof of the lower building, wouldn’t that be the perfect place for a green roof project?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Here’s the static images, non-scrolling:

tonloc620
    Participant

Walker where did you find these pictures

heresthecasey
    Participant

Looks like Borror is expanding the number of apartments, and reducing the amount of parking in their proposed building at Main and Front. Still no retail space though.

I’m also interested if they’re really only providing 35 spaces for 94 units, or if they own a surface lot / have another arrangement nearby…

@walker, any chance of getting some more info or an updated rendering from them?

http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/news/2015/12/14/94-apartments-now-planned-for-former-nightclub-in.html

Analogue Kid
    Participant

I’m also interested if they’re really only providing 35 spaces for 94 units, or if they own a surface lot / have another arrangement nearby…

They’re probably relying on the RiverSouth garage a half block to the north. Also the Columbus Commons garage is only a block east, so it could work.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

@walker, any chance of getting some more info or an updated rendering from them.

I’m at the Downtown Commission meeting right now, listening to the discussion on the updates. The Biz First article didn’t have all facts correct on the updates/changes.

News
    Participant

Downtown Apartment Proposal Adds Units, Reduces Parking
    December 15, 2015 9:08 am – Walker Evans

The Downtown development proposal announced at 303 South Front Street in October is getting an update. The six story building will lose a floor of parking in favor of adding more apartments, bringing the total to 89.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/downtown-apartment-proposal-adds-units-reduces-parking

A161830
    Participant

As it relates to the Biz First article, anyone notice that Evan Weese is now reporting on commercial real estate and not Brian Ball?

Josh Bauman
    Josh Bauman
    Participant

Good for them on “pushing the envelope” on parking… Hopefully doesn’t hurt their rate of occupancy. Wish they would’ve added a single retail front in the revision… Rooftop patio will be nice, though

Josh Bauman
    Josh Bauman
    Participant

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/05/17/riversouth-transforms-downtown-wasteland-to-vibrant-district.html

Does anyone know what #9 on the map is? 5 stories on the peninsula at the Main St bridge?!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Josh Bauman
    Josh Bauman
    Participant

#9 on the list is “unnamed” but does anyone have any info on it?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

bwitty92
    Participant

I thought I saw an article here a while back about some apartments that were planned there along with a parking garage. It’s also odd that the LC RiverSouth buildings as 9 and 11 stories rather than 8 and 10 stories.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 71 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: