Our City Online

Messageboard - Development

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

RiverSouth District - News & Updates

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Development RiverSouth District – News & Updates

This topic contains 70 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by dalias dalias 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 71 total)
  • Author

News
    Participant

Bicentennial Plaza lender wins parking ruling, puts site on market
    Premium content from Business First by Brian R. Ball, Staff reporter
    Date: Friday, May 25, 2012

The note holder that bought the Bicentennial Plaza in Columbus at a sheriff’s auction last year has won a legal victory involving parking spaces serving the building just as it put the downtown property on the market. GLIC Real Estate Holdings LLC of Virginia has hired Continental Realty Ltd. agents Wayne Harer and Clayton Davis to lease an empty 42,665 square feet in the six-story office building at 250 Civic Center Drive. The property had 17,550 square feet available when it fell into foreclosure in 2009.

READ MORE: http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/print-edition/2012/05/25/bicentennial-plaza-lender-wins-parking.html

columbusmike
    Participant

I wonder if that building is suitable for residential? I also wonder if that means a developer could purchase the building and develop the adjacent surface lot?

wpcc88
    Participant

columbusmike said:
    I wonder if that building is suitable for residential? I also wonder if that means a developer could purchase the building and develop the adjacent surface lot?

I don’t think the current building is(my uncles law office used to be in there) but I do think if someone were to develop the flat parking that apartments would be very appropriate

News
    Participant

Casto’s home office heading to Bicentennial Plaza building this fall
    Brian R. Ball
    Business First

The Casto real estate company plans to sail down the Scioto River to a new home this fall. Casto will swap its offices at 274 Marconi Blvd. and 191 W. Nationwide Blvd. for about 38,000 square feet in the Bicentennial Plaza building at 250 Civic Center Drive in Columbus. The relocation is expected in October.

READ MORE: http://www.bizjournals.com/columbus/blog/2013/01/castos-home-office-heading-to.html

Pro Se
    Participant

Great news but when oh when will someone develop the prime lot next to this??? Plans from Casto on the windowless shoe factory would also be nice… :).

columbusmike
    Participant

Pro Se said:
    Great news but when oh when will someone develop the prime lot next to this??? Plans from Casto on the windowless shoe factory would also be nice… :).

Couldn’t agree more. That lot next door would be a great spot for a mid-rise apartment tower and small retail space (similar to Carlyles Watch – not necessarily the same style). That whole area has some major potential…

Bicentennial Park is the best park in Columbus, in my opinion.

I also wouldn’t be surprised if Lifestyles takes their townhouse concept further down Front Street all the way to Mound, which would be an enormous boost to RiverSouth.

Cbusbill
    Participant

Agreed…not that I’m in the market for a new pad, but of all the places to reside downtown, next door to bicentennial park would definitely be among the most desirable in my opinion. I am optimistic that its just a matter of time, but damn that’s about as prime a candidate for parking lot erradication as we have in this city.

columbusmike
    Participant

Cbusbill said:
    I am optimistic that its just a matter of time, but damn that’s about as prime a candidate for parking lot erradication as we have in this city.

Maybe even more important would be getting rid of the damn Greyhound bus fortress. That could open up Lazelle Street and make way for more apartments near Columbus Commons…

jbcmh81
    Participant

columbusmike said:
    Maybe even more important would be getting rid of the damn Greyhound bus fortress. That could open up Lazelle Street and make way for more apartments near Columbus Commons…

A play on the awesome Central Market building it replaced would be pretty cool.

Pablo
    Participant

jbcmh81 said:
    A play on the awesome Central Market building it replaced would be pretty cool.

Here’s a shot from the library archives – probably taken from the roof of the Holiday Inn in the early 1960s. That’s 4th St. in the foreground.

columbusmike
    Participant

Pablo said:
    Here’s a shot from the library archives – probably taken from the roof of the Holiday Inn in the early 1960s. That’s 4th St. in the foreground.

I’m not sure a structure like that is necessarily appropriate for downtown, but I do find it interesting.

Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant

Looks like some type of work has started back up at the Building at Front and Main. I noticed a large Rent A Fence around the building today.

Caleb
    Caleb
    Participant

Hmm, has anything be announced for the area?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Stephen43215 said:
    Looks like some type of work has started back up at the Building at Front and Main. I noticed a large Rent A Fence around the building today.

The Julian – Residential Development in Casto Building at Main & Front

Stephen43215
    Stephen43215
    Participant

I found this link to a master plan of Riversouth. It looks to be about 8 years old but I did noticed the rendering has a tower built where the Columbia Gas building parking garage is.

http://graincollective.com/riversouth-master-plan-columbus-ohio

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 71 total)

The forum ‘Development’ is closed to new topics and replies.