Our City Online

Messageboard - Shopping

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Sweet Carrot Restaurants - 5xNW and Worthington

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Shopping Sweet Carrot Restaurants – 5xNW and Worthington

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author

OneBagTravel
    Participant

^I treat it like a food truck. I’ll tip a dollar if they’re friendly. If not then they’re just a Wendy’s.

I enjoyed the food there. However the beer prices are insane. $7 for a Stella? I was hoping this was going to have a nice happy hour but they didn’t say they had any.

derm
    derm
    Participant

Went for lunch, very tasty, good price points, will be back. Packed with people but moved fast. Extraordinarily loud. Like U2 concert level. They are loving the Giant Eagle lot for parking and will seriously bum out if something goes in.

2 nitpicks but they were major to me.
    1. The little metal containers for food are way too small, hard to eat without your food falling out on the tables. Never seen anything like that for service.
    2. They lined the metal bowls with paper. Everything there is sauced so your last bites of food are food and paper mixed together after it has fallen apart.

Seriously, buy some plates.

Gus W
    Gus W
    Participant

I really liked the place as well. The corn cakes and mac and cheese are delish!

King Gambrinus
    King Gambrinus
    Participant

I went last Friday and it was packed. Although I did park at Giant Eagle and I agree if that goes away they won’t be pleased.

Anyway I was super impressed with the food. Everything was delicious. I’d never eaten at the food truck before, but the corn cakes with brisket, slaw, and mac and cheese was awesome. I’ll agree with the beer prices. I think my Rockmill was $7.50.

I also don’t understand the paper in the metal tray. I’m fine with the size but why place this thin paper at the bottom of my food, am I supposed to eat it or just spend all my time trying to avoid it while I finish my meal.

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Seriously, buy some plates.

Function > hipness

100% agree.

and like everyone else has said, great food here.

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

The forum ‘Shopping’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION