Our City Online

Messageboard - Shopping

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Sweet Carrot Restaurants - 5xNW and Worthington

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Shopping Sweet Carrot Restaurants – 5xNW and Worthington

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Closing on Friday:

OneBagTravel
    Participant

Total bummer. I really hope a corner grocery store goes into the area of 5th and grandview ave. I know people have been petitioning Trader Joes to go into whatever redevelopment they’re doing with the old Giant Eagle. That would be perfect for the area. I’m not a fan of huge grocery stores like the Market District and would always stop by Rife’s for meats and veggies.

One last thought would be for a restaurant/grocery store like The Market.

Alex Silbajoris
    Participant

They’re using the Laurelville cider label … teasing us

News
    Participant

Sweet Carrot Restaurant and Catering Moving to Old Rife’s Market
    January 21, 2015 7:00 am – Rebecca Wagner

Angela Petro, owner of Sweet Carrot, had been searching for a building for the past two years. Sweet Carrot (an anagram of Petro’s first business, Two Caterers) rolled out in 2012, setting up warm weather headquarters at the High Line Car House on 550 South High Street. In the midst of looking for new locations, she saw Rife’s Market for sale at a stop light and had an “aha!” moment:

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/sweet-carrot-restaurant-and-catering-moving-to-old-rifes-market-rw1

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

Never tried it. But sounds good.

Gus W
    Gus W
    Participant

This is exciting. I’ve been wanting to try this place, and now it’s going to be down the street.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

The Bombay Turkey Slider they made for our Best Bites: Burgers event last August was one of my personal favorites from the event:

https://www.columbusunderground.com/best-bites-breakdown-sweet-carrot-food-truck-aw1

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes…

Via FB:

Ooh – first changes – some signs down, brown paper in windows, a little paint. So excited to see what’s to come!

OneBagTravel
    Participant

Nice! I still hope they keep the Rife’s sign. One of the best fixtures in the area.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Quick photo taken outside today…

News
    Participant

Sweet Carrot Opening Worthington Restaurant Next Year
    September 18, 2015 4:17 pm – Walker Evans

The team behind the Sweet Carrot food truck has not yet gotten their first brick-and-mortar restaurant up and running, but they’ve already made plans for a second location. The restaurant and catering group announced today that their Sweet Carrot concept will become the new tenant of the historic Kilbourne Memorial Building in Worthington next summer.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/sweet-carrot-worthington

News
    Participant

First Look: Sweet Carrot
    November 27, 2015 12:00 pm – Walker Evans

The new Sweet Carrot is 3,500 square feet and features a menu focused on slow cooked meats, corn cakes, salads, sandwiches, mac and cheese and a range of desserts that includes carrot cake and texas sheet cake. The restaurant also features a bar and a selection of grab-and-go carry out grocery items, including beer and wine.

READ MORE: https://www.columbusunderground.com/sweet-carrot-grandview

OneBagTravel
    Participant

Headed there this weekend. Looks great inside.

Eridony
    Eridony
    Participant

I really like what they did with that old neon sign!

vestanpance
    vestanpance
    Participant

My wife and I ate here for the first time yesterday for lunch. They have done a great job with the space, and I highly recommend the “loaded pulled pork Corn Cake”.

Side note: Question for the group. This is one of those places where you order at the counter, pay, and they give you a number to put on your table. Then minutes later someone brings you your order. When you pay at the counter with a credit card your receipt prints out with a line for a tip. Do you guys ever tip at these kinds of places? I don’t because it’s not like they are servers really, all they did was ring me up… but then I thought, are they getting paid server wages?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)

The forum ‘Shopping’ is closed to new topics and replies.

The Columbus Coffee Festival Returns!

The 6th Annual Columbus Coffee Festival returns on Saturday September 25th and Sunday September 26th!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFORMATION