Our City Online

Messageboard - Q&A

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Rich Street Walk Condos

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Q&A Rich Street Walk Condos

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Mae Greentree
    Mae Greentree
    Participant

Anyone have any opinions about this place, or know someone who lives here?

Rich Street Walk Condominiums

These were built in 2006. There are still lots of units available, most of them in the east building (facing I-71 instead of downtown). The asking price is around $250K, but according to the Franklin County Auditor, one unit sold for $135K in April 2007. I wonder if it would be worth making a lowball offer.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Don’t know anyone who owns there, but I know a friend of a friend who is renting and seems to like it, especially the rooftop patios.

Anne & I went through during a Sunday open house a few years ago. They look pretty nice.

Mae Greentree
    Mae Greentree
    Participant

Yeah, the roof terraces are a nice selling point, as are the two-car garages. We went by last night — couldn’t see much inside the model unit, but the outside looks well-kept. That part of Rich street is very quiet and has little traffic, too.

Anne Evans
    Anne Evans
    Keymaster

I thought they were really spacious. And the roof top patio has a little sink room just inside, so it would be pretty fun for parties!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Mae wrote >>
    The asking price is around $250K, but according to the Franklin County Auditor, one unit sold for $135K in April 2007.

My aforementioned friend emailed me and mentioned that this was an address mistake on the auditor’s website according to his friend that currently rents there.

Mae Greentree
    Mae Greentree
    Participant

We had an appointment to go inside the model unit last night. I have a few serious problems with the layout (tiny landings, walk-in closet accessible only through the bathroom, washer/dryer on the roof), but the units seem pretty nice overall. The freeway noise was not as bad as it could have been, either. The model unit was mostly carpeted, but they also have a large selection of wood and tile finishes to choose from. I’m afraid these units are out of our price range, though.

What’s your price range?

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Well, if you can wait until they’re completed next year, the Whitney Condos located not TOO far from Rich Street Walk are looking to be pretty affordable:

http://www.kingthompson.com/Property/propertydetails.aspx?SearchID=3815032&Property=57927950-2EE3-4B17-9F8C-A944059CB0D1&RowNum=85

Price: $159,900
    Property Type: Condo/Townhouse
    Style: 2 STORY
    Bedrooms: 3
    Bathrooms: 2 full
    Square Feet: 1600

Unique open floor plans with 2-3 bedrooms. 1,300-1,600 sq ft, additional space for buyer- finished basement. 1 or 2 car garages, hardwood floors, granite countertops, fireplace, 2nd floor laundry, 15 year tax abatement, low condo fees, Pre-sale pricing from $159,000.

Core_Models

wow…that’s a helluva lotta room for that price, nice find!

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Core_Models wrote >>
    wow…that’s a helluva lotta room for that price, nice find!

I did an interview with the developer two weeks ago too. Here: https://www.columbusunderground.com/the-whitney-condos-break-ground-this-summer

maibingjie

Homeport is the developer of Rich Street Walk. Another project that CU has covered of ours is North of Broad. Currently we have 8 units left starting at $239,900. Thus far, we have a diverse group of residents, ranging from OSU students to single professionals to older retirees. I’d be happy to schedule a CU happy hour or tour if there is interest in viewing the project. It’s been a fun project since we typically work with single family mixed income developments or low & moderate income single family homes.

Abigail Mack
    Development Coordinator

Roland
    Participant

I’d love for the CU Condo Hop to return!

Mae Greentree
    Mae Greentree
    Participant

The Whitney condos looked interesting except for that same problem of having to access the closet through the bathroom — all three floor plans are like that. That is deal-breaker for me. Well-designed storage only becomes more important to me as time goes on.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Roland wrote >>

Your wish is my command.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

Roland wrote >>

Ta Da!

CU Condo Tour – Rich Street Walk – Thur July 23

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The forum ‘Q&A’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: