Our City Online

Messageboard - General Columbus Discussion

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Retro Wanted (1960s-1970s)

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Retro Wanted (1960s-1970s)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Rayechka
    Participant

I am looking for all things retro, from the 1960s-1970s era. Clothing items (male and female), records (45s and LPs), eight track tapes or film, even news articles from the era.

Is there any place in the area to look for these items? Anyone who has such items please get in touch. Thank you.

Chris Sunami
    Chris Sunami
    Participant

As far as records in particular, there’s plenty of good used record stores in Columbus –my favorites are Used Kids Records and Spoonful. Used Kids actually has boxes full of overstock that they just give away if the quality isn’t high enough to sell.

A few months back, I saw a ton of 60’s era stuff at “Yesterday’s Treasures” on Long Street near the corner of 20th, but the hours there are very eccentric –you basically just have to call the landlord up and ask him to open it up for you (he also owns the shop –I think it’s more of a hobby than a business). You might also check Flower Child on High –I think that’s the name of that store. It’s near White Castle.

What’s the use case? Are you putting on a play? Decorating a new restaurant?

theRuhlMan
    theRuhlMan
    Participant

I have to recommend the Boomerang Room in Clintonville, at 3274 N High St. They have clothes, furniture, records and all sorts of nick-knacks from the ’50s-’70s. Across the street is the Antiques Mall which has stalls from all sorts of different dealers, where you never know what you’ll find. Happy hunting!

Big Drew
    Participant

There is a store down in the Short North, I believe it is called Flower Child.

Rayechka
    Participant

Thank you for all the useful information Chris. I will have to check them out.

I am trying to collect items for friends overseas.

Rayechka
    Participant

Sounds awesome the RuhlMan. Thank you.

Rayechka
    Participant

Thank you banksta.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The forum ‘General Columbus Discussion’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below:

Support Journalism. Drink Coffee!

We’ve partnered with our friends at Stauf’s to bring you this limited-edition coffee blend celebrating 20 years of CU! Every purchase supports our mission of serving the community award-winning local journalism!

CLICK HERE TO PURCHASE