Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Restaurants that are open on Thanksgiving Day 2008

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Restaurants that are open on Thanksgiving Day 2008

This topic contains 95 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  ilovethiscity 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 104 total)
  • Author
    Lauren Wilson
    Lauren Wilson
    Participant

Hael wrote

osulew wrote

Hael wrote Tee Jays is open, y’all.

in a pinch, one could get their Barnyard Buster on, on Tday.

That should only be consumed while incredibly intoxicated.

Have you tried it sober? I have and I cant finish this meal whilst sober and its much more bland this way. Inebriated and the plate is enthusiastically cleaned. So yes, I agree with you.

I did try it sober…only once. It barely resembled food. But drunk….mmmmmmmm yummy!

I still can’t finish it drunk though. Usually I have a willing soul that will finish off my remainders though.

Manatee
    Manatee
    Participant

If hillbilly means a person who makes do with what they have, takes care of their family, doesn’t think they know it all because they read something, and stays out of other people’s business, then who wouldn’t want to be one?

If hillbilly means someone whose subsistence is being taken out from underneath them, and who has no means to better their lot, but is really really angry about it and just about to sell out to ConAgra, then who’d want to be one?

Hillbilly does not mean Southerner.

P.S. I love TeeJay’s.

Elizabeth Lessner
    Participant

Betty’s Fine Food and Spirits open 6pm-1am Thanksgiving Day

680 N. High Street

http://www.bettyscolumbus.com

full menu plus a Thanksgiving special

Surly Girl Saloon open 6pm-11pm Thanksgiving Day

1126 N. High Street

http://www.surlygirlsaloon.com

full menu plus a Thanksgiving special

Hope you can join us! St. James Tavern is also open late…visit Michelle!

KSquared

Bump. What are the places this year?

Is Dirty Frank’s going to have that Thanksgiving dog?

Twixlen
    Participant

I know The Clarmont will be open, for anyone wanting to get their sidecar on…

TheClarmont

TheClarmont

Computer issues – stand by. Help Walker, stop this crazy thing…..

TheClarmont

Opps

TheClarmont

technical difficulties – sorry

TheClarmont

Yes – The Clarmont is open for Thanksgiving. Reservations are essential. We are open until 7 pm. Our last seating will be at 6:30 pm. We will also serve you at the bar.

On Black Friday, we open at 7 am for our first Bloody Mary Breakfast Club. We start pouring $5 Bloody Mary’s and Mimosa’s when the doors open.

catnfiddle
    Participant

Twixlen wrote >>
    I know The Clarmont will be open, for anyone wanting to get their sidecar on…

…or for anyone who really needs one after dinner.

paktinat

My Mother wants to meet me “halfway-ish” between columbus and east-cleveland to eat on thanksgiving day if possible.

Does anyone know of anything along the way to Cleveland that will be open?

AmyJ
    Participant

Mansfield is about halfway between the two. You may want to check with Mohican State Park. I know they do holiday buffets, but I can’t find anything on their website – http://www.mohicanstateparklodge.com/Bromfields-Dining-Room-962.html

Sweeney’s is also fairly nice. No clue about Thanksgiving hours though. http://www.sweeneysamericanbistro.com/?section=home

mirka
    Participant

KSquared wrote >>
    Bump. What are the places this year?
    Is Dirty Frank’s going to have that Thanksgiving dog?

They tweeted about it yesterday, so they should have it now.

Cookie

I’m hoping Betty’s is open again this year.

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 104 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Join us for the Beer & Pretzel Pairing Party on November 3rd featuring Combustion Brewing & Happy Little Treats!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFO