Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Restaurants that are open on Thanksgiving Day 2008

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Restaurants that are open on Thanksgiving Day 2008

This topic contains 95 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  ilovethiscity 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 104 total)
  • Author

Cyclist

enzo wrote

Actually, how cool would it be to have this:

Thanksgiving Potluck at some park with a cabin and fire pit and you come dressed as either a Turkey, Pilgrim or Indian!!! I think that would be super.

We did that yesterday for Thanksgiving dinner. We had a potluck and a crafts table where people made costumes. No one was a pilgrim though.

enzo
    Participant

Coremodels wrote

enzo wrote Thanksgiving Potluck at some park with a cabin and fire pit and you come dressed as either a Turkey, Pilgrim or Indian!!! I think that would be super.

no.

Why? I love costume parties year round…we should have one once per month…November=Thanksgiving costumes—just super fun in my opinion mostly because I love my pocahontas costume alot and my son wants to wear a turkey costume. :wink: I am bored with the usual stuff.

lifeliberty
    Participant

enzo wrote

Thanksgiving Potluck at some park with a cabin and fire pit and you come dressed as either a Turkey, Pilgrim or Indian!!! I think that would be super.

http://www.ohio.gov/news/#112108November 21, 2008 – Holiday Travelers Will Give Thanks for the Peace of Ohio State Park Resorts

Columbus, Ohio – Thanksgiving is one of the busiest travel holidays of the year. The Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR) invites holiday travelers and others to reserve stays and dine at one of Ohio’s relaxing state park resort lodges.

Are We There Yet?

With nine luxurious Ohio State Park resort lodges statewide, travelers are never far from an affordable, scenic night’s stay. Some lodges are offering special holiday discount rates. Do yourself a favor and trade the cramped foldout couch at the relatives’ residence for a private bed and bath with a gorgeous state park outside the door.

“Start a new tradition this Thanksgiving by reserving a room at an Ohio state park resort lodge,” said Dan West, chief of the ODNR Ohio State Parks. “The time you and your family spend together in our modern facilities will help increase your enjoyment of the holiday and provide lasting memories.”

Special Thanksgiving room rates are available at the following Ohio State Park resorts:

Burr Oak State Park Resort (Glouster, Ohio)

Stay November 26-28 for $259 (plus tax)

Stay November 27-29 for $269 (plus tax)

Stay includes two nights, two breakfasts for two, one dinner for two and a $25 gift shop gift certificate. To reserve a room, call (800) 282-7275.

Deer Creek State Park Resort (Mount Sterling, Ohio)

Stay one night (Nov. 26 or Nov 27) starting at $183

Stay includes buffet for two adults and continental breakfast for two. To reserve a room, call (877) 678-3337.

Maumee Bay State Park Resort (Oregon, Ohio)

Stay November 26 for $79 per night per room (plus tax)

Stay November 27 for $79 per night per room (plus tax)

Stay November 28 or 29 for $99 per night per room (plus tax)

Stay includes room with 2 double beds. To reserve a room, call (800) 282-7275.

Salt Fork State Park Resort (Cambridge, Ohio)

Stay November 26-28 for $309 (plus tax)

Stay includes a dinner for two and a $40 voucher for gift shop. Request king or two double beds. $349 for a room with two bunk beds and two double beds. To reserve a room, call (800) 282-7275.

Check rates for other Ohio State Park resort lodges, including the Lodge at Geneva on the Lake; Hueston Woods; Mohican; Punderson and Shawnee at http://www.ohiodnr.com/parks. Web site visitors can also view facility amenities and reserve rooms via the site.

To avoid high traffic volumes, depart for holiday destinations a day early and spend the extra night at a state park lodge.

Dinner is Served

Aside from providing a comfortable and relaxing night’s stay, Ohio State Park resort lodges will also cook (and clean up after) traditional feasts on Thanksgiving Day. Make reservations today to enjoy a relaxing meal with friends and loved ones.

Burr Oak State Park Resort (Glouster, Ohio)

November 27 – Buffet from 12 noon – 4 p.m. in the Cardinal Dining Room. Adults – $17.95; children 3-10 – $7.95; children 3 & under free. To make reservations, call (740) 767-2112 (reservations optional).

Deer Creek State Park Resort (Mount Sterling, Ohio)

November 27 – Buffet from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. Adults (15 and over) – $29.95; seniors -$25.95; children (ages 11-15) – $12.95; children (ages 3-10) – $8.95. Reservations required. To make reservations, call (740) 869-2020 ext. 3005.

Hueston Woods State Park Resort (College Corner, Ohio)

November 27 – Buffet from 12 noon – 7 p.m. Adults – $18.95; children (ages 6-12) $9.95; children (ages 3-5) – $6.95. Reservations required. To make reservations, call (513) 664-3527. To reserve a night stay, call (800) 282-7275.

Lodge at Geneva on the Lake (Geneva-On-the-Lake, Ohio)

November 27 – Buffet from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m. Adults – $22.95; seniors (65 and over) – $18.95; children (17 and under) – $12.95. Bar open from 5-9 p.m. Breakfast a la cart from 7-9 a.m. Reservations required. (440) 466-7100 ext. 0. To reserve a night stay, call (800) 801-9982.

Maumee Bay State Park Resort (Oregon, Ohio)

November 27 – Buffet from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. Adults – $23.95; seniors – $18.95; children (ages 4-12) – $8.95; 3 and under – free. Reservations required. To make reservations, call (419) 836-1466.

Salt Fork State Park Resort (Cambridge, Ohio)

November 27 – Buffet from 11:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. Adults – $27.95; children (ages 4-10) – $9.95. Reservations required. To make reservations, call (740) 439-2751 ext. 450.

Shawnee State Park Resort (West Portsmouth, Ohio)

November 27 – Buffet from 11:30 a.m. – 3 p.m. Adults – $19.95; children 4-11 – $8.95. Reservations required. To make reservations, call (740) 858-6621. To reserve a night stay, call (800) 282-7275.

The popular Thanksgiving buffet at Punderson State Park lodge is sold out.

Information about all fall and winter specials at Ohio State Parks is available at http://www.ohiodnr.com.

The Ohio Department of Natural Resources ensures a balance between wise use and protection of our natural resources for the benefit of all. Visit the ODNR web site at http://www.ohiodnr.com.

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

enzo wrote we should have one once per month

no.

Walker Evans
    Walker Evans
    Keymaster

enzo wrote I love costume parties year round…we should have one once per month…

Why don’t you throw a party then? ;)

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

Walker wrote

At the balloon festival.

enzo
    Participant

My family feels the same way about me as Core, NO. My son is the only one into the costume cabin thing and he is with his dad this year.

Cookie

enzo wrote Also, for me hill billy does not have a negative connotation at all…..just a descriptor like hipster……if you are offended, you should probably relax.

If it bothers you when I say that you’re dumber than a box of hair, you should just relax.

AnneD

Just beware of driving on 71 north of here on Thanksgiving. My mom lives in Cleveland, and we seem to get stuck in horrendous traffic just north of C-bus every year. So if you want to head to Mohican don’t do it on Wednesday during rush hour or on Thursday morning, and give yourself an extra hour on Thursday night for the inevitable accident/rubbernecking combo.

And my mom is hill folk and my dad was holler folk. If I called my mom a hillbilly she’d laugh… and punch me in the eye. Don’t mess with them hill folk.

enzo
    Participant

The balloon festival guy is super strict about keeping it in Marysville.

enzo
    Participant

Walker wrote

Can we make a poll of who would be into costume parties once per month?

Cookie

enzo wrote

Walker wrote

Can we make a poll of who would be into costume parties once per month?

Isn’t there another thread for your ideas?

roy
    Participant

enzo wrote Can we make a poll of who would be into costume parties once per month?

No.

enzo
    Participant

:lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: :lol:

lifeliberty
    Participant

thread reminds me of the movie coming out where Jim Carrey has to say Yes to everything, “Yesman” or something.

what if?…

i think Dave’s head would explode :lol:

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 104 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Join us for the Beer & Pretzel Pairing Party on November 3rd featuring Combustion Brewing & Happy Little Treats!

CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS & INFO