Our City Online

Messageboard - Dining

NOTE: You are viewing an archived version of the Columbus Underground forums/messageboard. As of 05/22/16 they have been closed to new comments and replies, but will remain accessible for archived searches and reference. For more information CLICK HERE

Restaurants that are open on Thanksgiving Day 2008

Home Forums General Columbus Discussion Dining Restaurants that are open on Thanksgiving Day 2008

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 104 total)
  • Author

enzo
    Participant

My great grandparents farmed land in Arkansas, Missouri, Kansas and Nebraska….My grandfather refused to wear shorts, becuase in his opinion real men did not show their legs. When he went to vacation in Hawaii he wore jeans and cowboy boots on the beach— :D

enzo
    Participant

hungrywoolf
    Participant

http://www.chinadynasty-cmh.com/

China dynasty are open — with a 50 item chinese buffet and roast turkey. Worth clicking on the link just to hear their theme tune.

enzo
    Participant

Cookie wrote

enzo wrote If the bulk of your ancestors are hill billy’s you can say hill billy as much as you want.

You can, but you still run the risk of giving people an unfavorable impression of you.

What other people think of me is none of my concern. I would always prefer to be a resentment than to harbor one.

This is the link to othe dining suggestions https://columbusunderground.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10578&highlight=thanksgiving&sid=fd97b0432a72b991738b6feea6c2abf8

somertimeoh
    Participant

Your familial anecdotes don’t change that what you think of as hill billyish is really just a southern-themed restaurant which would lead one to believe that you equate the south with the negative connotation that comes with that term. I would think someone so in tune would have thought through that before posting. Not caring what other people think about you is not an excuse for being so irresponsible with your words. I think any spiritual leader would agree.

Cookie

enzo wrote What other people think of me is none of my concern.

If that were the case, you wouldn’t be insisting that you’re entitled to use the word hillbilly.

I would always prefer to be a resentment than to harbor one.

I’ve got good news and bad news.

blammo
    Participant

enzo wrote My great grandparents farmed land in Arkansas, Missouri, Kansas and Nebraska….

Hmm…not a whole lotta hills out there. :D As opposed to say, West Virginia where my mom’s family is from. I can’t even get away with calling someone that down there, or I’ll get a boot to the head.

lifeliberty
    Participant

anyone can call me a hillbilly, redneck, trailer trash or caucasian and I wouldn’t care less. you gonna tell me there ain’t no hillbillies eating at cracker barrel?

misskitty
    Participant

enzo wrote

unlike Cracker Barrel, cozy but hill billy’ish.

Cracker-barrel pancakes with real maple syrup and chicken and dumplings kick ass. I enjoy it there its warm and inviting , the people are always nice ( that is a deal maker right there ) and have cool things to check out before you eat.

lifeliberty
    Participant

misskitty wrote

enzo wrote

unlike Cracker Barrel, cozy but hill billy’ish.

Cracker-barrel pancakes with real maple syrup and chicken and dumplings kick ass. I enjoy it there its warm and inviting , the people are always nice ( that is a deal maker right there ) and have cool things to check out before you eat.

the foods ok, I’d rather go to bob Evans. I only eat at CB MAYBE (a big maybe) if we perchance stop on the way while driving to South Carolina. And we do always seem to stop at the one in W. Virginia.

turnedNOTburned
    Participant

Just noticed Champs is open on Turkey day…. so, you can still get unreasonable portions in the theme of the holiday….

Cyclist

enzo wrote …My grandfather refused to wear shorts, becuase in his opinion real men did not show their legs. When he went to vacation in Hawaii he wore jeans and cowboy boots on the beach— :D

What a hipster! :lol:

I refused to wear shorts until this summer. I probably picked it up from staying in Mexico.

On Topic: Summit Station in Patakala has a famous Thanksgiving Buffet if you out east.

enzo
    Participant

There are hills in that part of the country. Not MOUNTAINS. Hills. Have you been to the Ozark region? Tons.

Actually, how cool would it be to have this:

Thanksgiving Potluck at some park with a cabin and fire pit and you come dressed as either a Turkey, Pilgrim or Indian!!! I think that would be super.

Also, for me hill billy does not have a negative connotation at all…..just a descriptor like hipster……if you are offended, you should probably relax.

joev
    Participant

enzo wrote

Thanksgiving Potluck at some park with a cabin and fire pit and you come dressed as either a Turkey, Pilgrim or Indian!!! I think that would be super.

I’ll bring the smallpox!

Coremodels
    Coremodels
    Participant

enzo wrote Thanksgiving Potluck at some park with a cabin and fire pit and you come dressed as either a Turkey, Pilgrim or Indian!!! I think that would be super.

no.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 104 total)

The forum ‘Dining’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Subscribe below: